What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Per my daughter's recommendation, yesterday I started watching Black Mirror.
    Not sure if I'll make it though; can't seem to "get into it" ...

Yeah, I watched a couple episodes, I could not get into it either. And maybe it gets better, but for now I will pass.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    On YouTube

1624791931770.png

The Frogmen is a 1950 American black-and-white World War II drama film from Twentieth Century Fox, produced by Samuel G. Engel, directed by Lloyd Bacon, that stars Richard Widmark, Dana Andrews, and Gary Merrill. The film's storyline is based on operations by United States Navy Underwater Demolition Teams, popularly known as "frogmen", against the Japanese Army and naval forces. It was the first such film about scuba diving and became a popular cultural hit.

Following the opening credits, The Frogmen has an on-screen written statement:

"This is a true story based on incidents which occurred in the latter part of World War II. It deals with one of the most hazardous and unique branches of the Armed Forces ... the Underwater Demolition Teams. This film could not have been produced without the active cooperation of the Department of Defense and the United States Navy".

Underwater Demolition Teams have been used since World War II for reconnaissance duties, clearing underwater obstacles planted by the enemy, advance landings on beaches, and offensive underwater attacks on enemy ships; they were the forerunners of the Navy SEALs.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    My wife and I have started watching Mysteries at the Museum from season 2 (there is no season 1:scratch:) on Discovery +. We saw various episodes on the Travel channel but only later ones.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Finished up Monk for the second time. I'm done for a while. Still looking for crime-ish shows that are not too violent or gory. Currently watching Burn Notice and Equalizer.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Finished up Monk for the second time. I'm done for a while. Still looking for crime-ish shows that are not too violent or gory. Currently watching Burn Notice and Equalizer.
    Don’t know if you like British mysteries or not, but Midsomer Murders is a good police show that doesn’t go overboard on the gore. The Filmrise app has seasons 1-20, I believe…

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    On YouTube

View attachment 145702

The Frogmen is a 1950 American black-and-white World War II drama film from Twentieth Century Fox, produced by Samuel G. Engel, directed by Lloyd Bacon, that stars Richard Widmark, Dana Andrews, and Gary Merrill. The film's storyline is based on operations by United States Navy Underwater Demolition Teams, popularly known as "frogmen", against the Japanese Army and naval forces. It was the first such film about scuba diving and became a popular cultural hit.

Following the opening credits, The Frogmen has an on-screen written statement:

"This is a true story based on incidents which occurred in the latter part of World War II. It deals with one of the most hazardous and unique branches of the Armed Forces ... the Underwater Demolition Teams. This film could not have been produced without the active cooperation of the Department of Defense and the United States Navy".

Underwater Demolition Teams have been used since World War II for reconnaissance duties, clearing underwater obstacles planted by the enemy, advance landings on beaches, and offensive underwater attacks on enemy ships; they were the forerunners of the Navy SEALs.

Is it good? Sometimes older productions are kinda corny when you watch them today.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I can recommend a British police show - New Tricks. Available on Amazon and Hulu.

I will second the recommendations of Longmire, Bosch, and Justified. Justified has more violence, but is off the charts good. I'll toss in another british show - Endeavour, it's available on Prime.

Top Bottom