What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Funny side story; my son couldn't get into it, because all he could think about was Allstate ads. ;)
    I can relate. I started reading a book that I had picked up from my Half Price Books backlog pile of books. In the first few chapters there was a reference to a "Glock revolver". I dropped the book and didn't pick it backup. Going to have to decide if I can bother to try and get further into it, but doubting it at this point since even though it is fiction it is apparently too difficult to even do any basic research...

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Watched Coming 2 America tonight (the sequel to Coming to America) on Prime. It was OK, but heads up, it was not as family friendly as the original. Most all of the original cast was back plus Wesley Snipes, Tracy Morgan, and Leslie Jones.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    finished Vikings on amazon prime. Really liked it, semi historically accurate. Netflix picked it up and will be doing their own with it based further in the future when the vikings come to North America. Makes you wonder with all the battles between the vikings and England what the world would be like if England had lost.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Just watched a new movie on Hulu called Boss Level. It's like a Groundhog Day/John Wick mash up. Definitely worth a watch.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Started This is Us and A Million Little Things on Hulu. Both relationship-type dramas, both good in their own way. If you watch either one with wives or girlfriends (or without them), I don't think you'll be bored. Would love to hear a guy's POV though.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    finished Vikings on amazon prime. Really liked it, semi historically accurate. Netflix picked it up and will be doing their own with it based further in the future when the vikings come to North America. Makes you wonder with all the battles between the vikings and England what the world would be like if England had lost.
    Well, England did lose, sort of. But the Vikings weren't really big on empire building. They were raiders by and large, and where they settled, they sort of assimilated into the conquered.

Arguably, William the Conqueror was an assimilated Viking.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Never watched netflix or amazon but recently found out we've had hbomax for what, a year?
    :laugh6:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I have hopes for Vikings Valhalla. Netflix has been known to screw up some good shows when they got involved. Hopefully it remains good.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Started This is Us and A Million Little Things on Hulu. Both relationship-type dramas, both good in their own way. If you watch either one with wives or girlfriends (or without them), I don't think you'll be bored. Would love to hear a guy's POV though.
    This is Us is pretty decent. I don't care much for flashbacks/mutli-timeline and the drippy guitar music... But my wife likes it, and I like that fact.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    This is Us is pretty decent. I don't care much for flashbacks/mutli-timeline and the drippy guitar music... But my wife likes it, and I like that fact.
    Yeah, it takes a while to get used to the flashbacks. They still confuse my mom sometimes. She keeps asking "who is that?"

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I can relate. I started reading a book that I had picked up from my Half Price Books backlog pile of books. In the first few chapters there was a reference to a "Glock revolver". I dropped the book and didn't pick it backup. Going to have to decide if I can bother to try and get further into it, but doubting it at this point since even though it is fiction it is apparently too difficult to even do any basic research...
    That reminds me of the Webley-Fosbery Automatic Revolver that Dashiell Hammett mentioned in The Maltese Falcon.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Finished 11 22 63 series on Hulu.

I am not a huge James Franco fan but he did really well in this. Basically the story of stopping the Kennedy assassination. . . . The title gives you a clue of the story, so not really a spoiler. Based on a Steven King novel, worth the watch.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom