What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    He's just a really ****** actor that can single-handedly destroy an otherwise good movie. IMO.
    Yeah, he's kind of a bad actor. But that's what makes some of his stuff entertaining.

:):

I think he is actually perfect in Lord of War. The role suits him. Really good movie!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yeah, he's kind of a bad actor. But that's what makes some of his stuff entertaining.

I think he is actually perfect in Lord of War. The role suits him. Really good movie!

This thread reminds me that I have generally like Cage's movies. I have seen a lot of them and I'm not sure I watched any that I was ready to walk out or turn it off.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I've been watching Tulsa King, with Sylvester Stallone.

He's playing a tough Italian-American guy from New York, who can't articulate much ... just like in any movie he ever made. :):

TK_Episode101_042122_BD_6168_R-MAIN-H-2022.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

He's so bad he gets good ... most of the time.
    He's especially good at playing himself.

I saw one of his latest The Unbearable Weight of a Massive Talent.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Always liked Cage and his movies. The National Treasure movies are some of my favorites. The Family Man is also a really good movie of his, often overlooked.

I also admire him for not using his real name, Nick Coppola. Trying to make a name for himself instead of riding his uncles coattails.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'll take Jim Halpert's Ryan over Ben Affleck's, or, God help us, Alec Baldwin's.
    Jack Ryan was not supposed to be a field agent. He was an analyst that had a knack for getting involved in stuff that drew him into the field.

I think Harrison Ford was a really good Jack Ryan. He seemed to fit the vision of him I got from reading the books.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    A lot of shows, you have to suspend your book knowledge to enjoy the show. Jack Ryan is one of those, like Rings of Power.
    The Rings of Power story wasn't written about much by Tolkien. It was only mentioned as history or legend.

The writers have a lot more leeway to write their stories.

Jack Reacher on the other hand followed the book very closely.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I finished Season 3 of Jack Ryan. Overall, I enjoyed it, but would have liked to see more **** getting blown up. Like a Russian destroyer

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Jack Ryan was not supposed to be a field agent. He was an analyst that had a knack for getting involved in stuff that drew him into the field.

I think Harrison Ford was a really good Jack Ryan. He seemed to fit the vision of him I got from reading the books.
    Agreed.
    My favorite Clancy novels were the Cold War ones.
    Cardinal in the Kremlin is one of my favorites. The problem is it doesent fit the world today.

I especially loved Clancy's character development over the years characters would recur and you knew so much about them as soon as you saw their name.

As a movie that had nothing to do with Clancy "Without Remorse" was just OK. The book filled in so much Ryan biographicl info. We know why in Cardinal he was called Ivan Emitovitch.

Sorry if ilost the nonRyanophiles.
    The Rings of Power story wasn't written about much by Tolkien. It was only mentioned as history or legend.

The writers have a lot more leeway to write their stories.

Jack Reacher on the other hand followed the book very closely.
    Having read Tolkien and sat through 6 extra long monies I have had my fill of middle earth.

Reacher on the other hand was very well done and I hope the next installment is done just as well.

The author being a film advisor helps a lot.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

I think this "John Krasinski" Jack Ryan is more in the mold of Jack Ryan the son of "Harrison Ford" Jack Ryan.

Top Bottom