What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Watched Munich ~ The Edge of War on Netflix.

Interesting portrayal of current events as an inept old man (Chamberlin/Biden) is outwitted by an evil 3D chess player (Hitler/Putin).

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Just watched a couple short series on Netflix. Clickbait, keeps you guessing until the end and a BBC show Stay Close. Both shows are police/detective shows. Not too bad, worth the watch.

Both shows had a little language, no sex, no nakedness.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I got another email today for Samsung TV Plus https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/tvplus/

I downloaded the app a while back and honestly forget I have it. Every time I look, I'm amazed at the content Samsung provides for free. While not necessarily top level cable TV content, plenty of interesting programming.

Any INGOers watch any of this content on your Samsung device?
    Mine was already loaded on my smart TV’s. 200 channels. Having cut cable we watch a lot of the cooking shows. A lot on there at no cost. I have long told people that there are three kinds of cable TV channels, those you pay for, think ESPN or local channels, free ones, think lifetime, and those that pay the cable co to be there, think QVC.

My thinking is Samsung has put together the last two types and offers them if you have an internet connection. I have heard LG has similar.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I have a cheap Samsung "smart" TV from Walmart, and I don't think I have all that. How do I find it?
    Mine are all under three years old. Are you connected to the internet on the TV? When you are watching a local station on the TV icon put in for channel 1204, that is the Americas Test Kitchen channel. They have a group of shows they repeat that are updated periodically. At first I wished they had less repeats but now we can see the episode again to get details down as I am not a member of their website to get the recipes.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have a cheap Samsung "smart" TV from Walmart, and I don't think I have all that. How do I find it?

My Samsung phone advertised the app to me. My TV's aren't smart, but I have Chromecasts on all of them. I cast to them from the desktop mostly, but occasionally from a phone.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    The only thing I watch is gun videos on Youtube. I will occasionally watch some of Brian Shaw's channel.
    I can never find anything worth committing to on Amazon and I got rid of Netflix for the same reason.

I have a problem.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Probably 4-5 yrs old. Barely a smart TV. No bluetooth. I can get Google on it, though, I just don't have a way to enter text because I can't use a cordless keyboard.
    Do you have a USB port, that is where my wireless keyboard and mouse connect? Warning not all apps will work with the keyboard. But it does work on the internet app on the Samsung TV’s…

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Been binge watching the F1 series on Netflix. Just started season 3.

If they would beep out the language, I could watch it with the whole family. The effing curse every effing minute they effing can. Seems to be a decent inside look at the sport, otherwise.

Battlebots is back on Discovery+. Its Robot Fighting Time!

Top Bottom