What are people likely to do with their AR pistols after Augusts rule change?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If you own any firearms or want your descendants to be able to own any, you do indeed ave a dog in this fight. Anyone who thinks this is about pistol braces or sbrs or barrel length is delusional.
    Yes. They’re always picking at the places where they believe the resistance is weakest.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I have no NFA items, and never went the pistol brace route, so I am simply not well educated on these matters. I did note this article in Ammoland news, which I thought might be of interest to some in this thread.

ETA: I see someone else posted source material here -> https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/pistol-brace-amnesty-period-incoming.525750/

@TheGhostRider , @edwea and @BugI02 are correct. Do not believe for one second that you are not the target of the subversives working to destroy this Nation's Constitution. They WILL come for YOU when they have taken down the smaller opportunities.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Most everything about the 34 firearms act is outdated. It's a good example of why legislation needs a "sunset" attachment, then Congress could just let it expire or rework it to make it more relevant.

I do agree that gun control legislation doesn't work and is primarily driven by people who will settle for nothing less than the total abolition and confiscation of firearms in private ownership.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    School me on this. I’ve been through this thread and might have missed it-Are braces illegal at this point in time?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Still legal today. But plans in the works to make them illegal unless you register, etc. Not totally clear yet what will happen.
    They may have Delayed action just to see how the election goes. I would hope if the republican party take both houses they would put a stop to it and many other things Obiden is doing.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Correction. It MAY or MAY NOT be legal after Aug 24 of this year. I believe that is when the new form 4999 came into play.

Its only a braced pistol if it scores low enough. Scores too high? Its a SBR and is illegal.

But hard to keep track since its done via ATF rules and not actual laws. Lawsuits have been filed, so we will see if it is stopped.

Or maybe form 4590? Ive seen one site claim this is the replacement for the original form above.

Murky as hell.
    And as Dad said above, the whole thing may be delayed. There doesnt seem to be much communication from the bastards.

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    Not really sure how the ATF can make a law ? Hmmmm
    Didn’t think that’s the way things worked in the USA ?
    I may stand corrected .
    But I have no SBR’s or Braced pistols so . :dunno:
    They don't make laws, but they do change their interpretation of laws as needed.

Top Bottom