• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Public info for cops salaries, how can looking at the damn numbers be influenced by an opinion? I provided links of a cop getting more money for doing exactly what I said in the first place, and you still call me biased and ignorant? I provide links, you provide your word and somehow I am wrong?

Here you go, tell the class again how I am ignorant and that cops don't make any money writing tickets. These were the top 4 links, add the other one I posted and that makes 5 all in different states.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...PD-officers-used-ticket-scheme-to-3877815.php

NYPD busts cop for writing dozens of phony traffic tickets as part of overtime scam - NY Daily News

https://www.thenewspaper.com/news/05/587.asp

Dragonaters: Cop arrested for fake traffic tickets and overtime fraud to meet illegal quota

I used to disagree with this cop on another gun forum, he like you would say how cops are never wrong and everybody else is mistaken.
    Former officer Erich Fritz sentenced to a year in jail, 5 years probation | WWMT
    A cop that I am sure you would say gets no special treatment did 1 day in jail. But my biases must have that wrong as well.

At the end of the day to say I don't take some smug cops word for something would be an understatement.

Link #1 - a fraud case listing bogus officer witnesses for court OT. No money made off ticket quota.

Link #2 - claiming OT but not complying with the parameters of said OT. No money made off ticket quota.

Link #3 - 16 year old news story about ticket quota bonuses. Procedures and policies now prevent such shenanigans.

Link #4 - claiming OT but writing fraudulent tickets.

On its face, the statement that cops get extra pay for writing tickets is false. Look up cop salaries for yourself and see. There are overtime details available to write tickets. These are voluntary details and not part of an officer’s regular pay.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Also, nobody here has ever said that cops are never wrong. Anyone who believes such a thing is willfully ignorant. A police officer is doing a job, much like you have a job, and is a human being. Human beings are imperfect and sometimes wrong, no matter their profession.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    When I was in patrol I never got a bonus for tickets. I wonder who I should talk to about my missing pay? I will tell them a truck driver posted on the Internet that I had quotas and got bonuses for tickets. Seems legit.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I don't have an issue with cops patrolling and giving tickets. I don't like the feds injecting federal money into my community though. Let communities handle their own **** and if they can't they need to find out why, not steal money from tax payers in other areas.
    The only thing I would like to see change with law enforcement is making cops patrol their own neighborhoods and not anywhere else. Yeah i guess the Southside would be covered well lol. I guess I would mandate that we have X amount of positions in X Y Z neighborhoods and if you live in XYZ then apply. There wouldn't be anymore of living in another county or city but policing mine. Nope. You live here and you work here. We can do that with government positions and we should. Just like politicians have to live in the districts they represent. The poloticians that don't are always some of the ones pulling shady stuff.
    I believe community policing truly means policing your own community. Your own neighbors who know where you live and you know them as well. I believe a lot of the shenanigans on BOTH sides would stop or decrease.
    And you are free to disagree with me all you want but don't say I'm anti law enforcement because I'm not.

Last edited:

UTL

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2015
    Central Indiana
    I don't have an issue with cops patrolling and giving tickets. I don't like the feds injecting federal money into my community though. Let communities handle their own **** and if they can't they need to find out why, not steal money from tax payers in other areas.
    The only thing I would like to see change with law enforcement is making cops patrol their own neighborhoods and not anywhere else. Yeah i guess the Southside would be covered well lol. I guess I would mandate that we have X amount of positions in X Y Z neighborhoods and if you live in XYZ then apply. There wouldn't be anymore of living in another county or city but policing mine. Nope. You live here and you work here. We can do that with government positions and we should. Just like politicians have to live in the districts they represent. The poloticians that don't are always some of the ones pulling shady stuff.
    I believe community policing truly means policing your own community. Your own neighbors who know where you live and you know them as well. I believe a lot of the shenanigans on BOTH sides would stop or decrease.
    And you are free to disagree with me all you want but don't say I'm anti law enforcement because I'm not.

A police officer working in your neighborhood for 8-10 hours a day is more engaged in your community than the average homeowner will ever be.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

I gotta disagree but I know you aren't anti LE. There is no way I'd want to be responsible for policing the neighborhood where my kids walk and play. It's been awhile so I'd need to read it again to be sure but IIRC we are prohibited from policing our neighborhoods unless there is a serious threat to someone's safety for this very reason. I've had friends whose spouses and kids were put up in hotels for a few days when someone decided to make threats to an officer's family after being locked up. I don't think it's reasonable to burden an officer's family with the inevitable issues which would arise.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    If you grew up in say, Haughville, Brightwood, or Mars hill, get on the the PD, make a decent salary, would you stay in those neighborhoods? Hard work is rewarded by moving up.

On the other side, no cop that works in Malibu, could afford to pay rent there, let alone buy a house there.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    There are regularly two grant funded projects in Marion County.
    One is DUI Indiana, which is a grant funded project to identify and arrest impaired drivers. The stat requirements for this grant are 3 contacts per hour worked when you are NOT processing a DUI arrest. A DUI arrest counts for 3 hours of work. One must average at least 1 DUI arrest per 8 hours of grant worked or they won’t be able to work that grant anymore. This grant also pays experts in drugged driving to be called-out to investigate drivers who are impaired on something other than alcohol.
    The other is Operation Pull Over. Different time periods dictate what kind of infractions are targeted. Sometimes it’s seatbelts (click it or ticket), sometimes it’s speeding (slow down and arrive alive), sometimes it’s distracted driving. The requirement for that grant is 4 tickets per hour of grant worked and one of those must be a seatbelt ticket. When you see a large group of officers in one location for a period of time, that’s a location that was chosen based on crash/arrest data and citations looked for are based on the factors involved in crashes at that location. For highway speed projects, generally 15 over is the magic number. Other common violations looked for are semi trucks in the left lane, texting and driving, tailgating and slow drivers in left lane.

So, if you have the 'bad' luck of not having at least one drunk per shift cross paths with you, you are voted off the island?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Public info for cops salaries, how can looking at the damn numbers be influenced by an opinion? I provided links of a cop getting more money for doing exactly what I said in the first place, and you still call me biased and ignorant? I provide links, you provide your word and somehow I am wrong?

Here you go, tell the class again how I am ignorant and that cops don't make any money writing tickets. These were the top 4 links, add the other one I posted and that makes 5 all in different states.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...PD-officers-used-ticket-scheme-to-3877815.php

NYPD busts cop for writing dozens of phony traffic tickets as part of overtime scam - NY Daily News

https://www.thenewspaper.com/news/05/587.asp

Dragonaters: Cop arrested for fake traffic tickets and overtime fraud to meet illegal quota

I used to disagree with this cop on another gun forum, he like you would say how cops are never wrong and everybody else is mistaken.
    Former officer Erich Fritz sentenced to a year in jail, 5 years probation | WWMT
    A cop that I am sure you would say gets no special treatment did 1 day in jail. But my biases must have that wrong as well.

At the end of the day to say I don't take some smug cops word for something would be an understatement.

What you are doing is lumping bad cops in with the major majority of good officers. So when I compare you to the Vegas shooter, the Texas church murderer or any other "gun owners", you'd be ok with that right?

Top Bottom