• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hiram Abiff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Wayne Co.
    WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration said Friday it will not appeal a federal court ruling that prohibits carrying loaded guns in national parks and wildlife refuges.

Instead, the Interior Department said it will conduct a full environmental review of an earlier policy that allowed concealed, loaded guns in parks and refuges.
    U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly struck down the gun policy last month. She called the rule, issued in the waning days of the Bush administration, severely flawed and said officials failed to evaluate its possible environmental impacts, as required by law. The judge set an April 20 deadline for the Interior Department to indicate its likely response.
    The Bush rule, which took effect in January, allowed visitors to carry a loaded gun into a park or wildlife refuge as long as the person had a permit for a concealed weapon and the state where the park or refuge was located allowed concealed firearms. Previously, guns in parks had been severely restricted.
    Kendra Barkoff, a spokeswoman for Interior Secretary Ken Salazar, said Friday that the department is not completely discarding the Bush rule. Instead, she said that officials intend to complete a comprehensive environmental impact statement that analyzes the possible effects of the Bush rule, as well as a range of alternatives.
    The review is expected to take several months at least. In the meantime, 26-year-old restrictions that had been in place before the rule change remain in effect.

fire1035

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    I guess I'll just be a rule breaker then. Of course I rarely visit the Hoosier National Forest anyway.

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    What environmental impact it would have? What in the heck are they talking about? There is no impact on the environment. A person enters the property armed & leaves the property armed? This is just freaking stupid. Did they have to do an environmental impact study to see if quarters in someone's pockets adversly impact the environment more than their dimes do? Where in the hell has common sense gone too? What's happened to the country I once knew?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hum.. I guess the microscopic lead particles that are given off by you carrying your 1911 in the park (never using it) and then leaving over time will accumulate on the land which in turn some little fluffy bunny rabbit will get into his system while he eats a leaf that has 1 micro of lead particle on it. Thus no guns in the park.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    As my mom would say...."I have had it up to here with this crap!"(hand up to forehead).
    I may just have to run for a political office.When are these people going to get that we are sick to death of bs?It is not enough that they take our rights,but now feel the need to shovel 10,000,000 pounds of ******** on top of it.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Maybe I'm making a big leap here, but he might have been talking about ranges located on National Forests, if any even exist.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    On a target range where people are not trying to hunt, pick mushrooms, hike, ride horses...

How are they going to hunt, when the regulation bans firearms and bows not in locked cases? I guess you could hunt with a club:dunno: Also how does carrying a firearm for personal protection effect mushroom pickers and such? Well depending on the mushrooms they are picking and if they are armed I could see how it could effect others though. :D

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Its that double standard. We pass a law and they have to have all this paperwork and research. They wanna pass laws and bills they want the blindly sighned with no research.... its ********! I saythis stimulis package needs an eviromental impact report as it affects the whole nations enviroment.

INRanger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Obama is not going to take are guns. It is too politically dangerous. Political appointees are going for to go for our guns, but dont worry its for our own protection.

zimzum

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Chesterfield
    Obama is not going to take are guns. It is too politically dangerous. Political appointees are going for to go for our guns, but dont worry its for our own protection.

I wonder how this would go down. Even if they went for a gun ban, how would they take them? Go door to door? Do they not think that would lead to a revolution or civil war?

Top Bottom