• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    yeah, its a fine line though. you better make sure its an unlawful order or your ass is grass. id rather lose a job than my freedom :):

Im very familiar with Oath Keepers ;)

It's been my experience in Law Enforcement that they "strongly encourage" you to follow any order given, and discuss your concerns about the order afterwards. That seems to be the current trend in the Departments I've seen anyway. :twocents:

Definitely a line to tread very carefully---there are orders that can be issued that are technically legal but very very wrong.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    It's been my experience in Law Enforcement that they "strongly encourage" you to follow any order given, and discuss your concerns about the order afterwards. That seems to be the current trend in the Departments I've seen anyway. :twocents:

Definitely a line to tread very carefully---there are orders that can be issued that are technically legal but very very wrong.

There are other things that can be done to police dissidents besides loss of employment. Your supervisor still controls what you do at work. Working conditions can get real unpleasant for someone who speaks their mind.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    :rolleyes: makes you wonder.

Yes, it does.

It makes me wonder how well she actually knew this kid (Loughner) prior to the shooting.

It is a very interesting thing that she had like 500 subscribers to her account and she was subscribed to only (2)....with one being Loughner.

In the video I tried my best to ignore the man's conspiracy theory and the fact he doesn't know the congresswoman's name (even though its written right on the screen in front of his face)

Strange.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    There are other things that can be done to police dissidents besides loss of employment. Your supervisor still controls what you do at work. Working conditions can get real unpleasant for someone who speaks their mind.
    True that Eddie!
    I've seen perfectly good, caring, Officers, who refused play the stupid numbers game by making a bunch of useless traffic stops, have their careers castrated by self serving Politically appointed "Brass".
    Good Cops leave the profession every day because they will not play the games that make the Upper Echelon look good to their Political Bosses.
    Those games damage the Publics image of the Street Cops but the Political appointees don't care. They are only interested in keeping their cushy desk jobs.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    That's a level-headed guy. Impressive.

I just wish though, that someone would ask one of these talking heads just once, "What makes you think a gun law that carries a few years in jail will stop a guy when a murder law that carries a death sentence won't?"

It makes you wish he would have shot that guy to stop him instead of everyone wrestling him to the ground. They wouldn't have been able to cover that one up.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Let us not forget this guy PASSED a Brady background check that the liberal democrats on the Hill, and Clinton fought tooth and nail to get. At the same time they called it a "common sense gun law" that was needed to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the deranged. Clinton himself called it a "no brainer". How that working out for ya' there Ms. Brady? Bill T.

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    Let us not forget this guy PASSED a Brady background check that the liberal democrats on the Hill, and Clinton fought tooth and nail to get. At the same time they called it a "common sense gun law" that was needed to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the deranged. Clinton himself called it a "no brainer". How that working out for ya' there Ms. Brady? Bill T.

HUH-UH, Not fair using the truth!

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I posted this in another thread, but it applies here too I think as it is a reaction to the AZ shooting.

GOP Rep. Will Introduce New Strict Gun Law | The Blaze

No carry within 1000 feet of President, Vice President, Member of Congress, or Federal Judges, and others I am sure will be added, give them time.

Does that mean I can't drive thru town near the Federal Courthouse?

How are we the little people supposed to know where our betters are?

Does that make a Constitution doesn't apply bubble that travels with them everywhere they go?

What if I live across the streeet from one? Do I have to move?
    What if they go to a gun store? Does the dealer get arrested?
    What if they go to a gun show? Do all the serfs have to leave?

What if you're sitting in a restaraunt, and one visits the factory across the street while you are there? Or, you are OCing while walking down the street and one drives by?

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    What if you're sitting in a restaraunt, and one visits the factory across the street while you are there? Or, you are OCing while walking down the street and one drives by?
    Then you'd better darn well get up and run! Or unload and drop your gun right there and notify the authorities immediately! Besides, you should do your research and make sure you know the schedule of each and every one each and every day, or have your staff do it..... Wait, that wouldn't look good for a gun owner....

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

It seems more and more likely that Loughner's arrest record was not entered into the system properly. Hmm, his mom works for the City, and the Sheriff went on TV and IMMEDIATELY blamed outside influences, instead of the shooter himself..

Top Bottom