• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Accounts stolen - does this mean the perp had full access to your accounts? I.e. any other personal info of members (including their names, email addresses, phone numbers, physical addresses, etc.) you may have done business with, via your private messages??

That's a heck of a lot more troubling than a single person losing temporary access.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Same thing happened to me last week. PM the mods and they'll remove it and reset your password.

Was there a data hack at INGO?
    How did you figure it out?
    Did someone ask about an ad?
    How would I know if someone hacked my account?
    I don't generally post in the classifieds...

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    How did you figure it out?
    Did someone ask about an ad?
    How would I know if someone hacked my account?
    I don't generally post in the classifieds...
    I log in at least a couple times a day. That one day in particular, I couldn't log in and assumed it was me fat fingering my phone.

Later that day, I saw my avatar selling optics in the classifieds as **Shipped only**. Emailed the mods, had the ads taken down within minutes - along with some legit ads too, but that fine, they were easy to work with. Changed my password and continued on with life.

The password I use in INGO was a one time password, so I can only assume someone hacked their log-in system. Will be curious to see how many more of these pop up.

One thing for sure, I'd never buy a *ship only* advert in the classified.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Accounts stolen - does this mean the perp had full access to your accounts? I.e. any other personal info of members (including their names, email addresses, phone numbers, physical addresses, etc.) you may have done business with, via your private messages??

That's a heck of a lot more troubling than a single person losing temporary access.

Yeah this guy got all my personal info and home address

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    When my email was changed I got an email from the forum. As I seen the email I tried to log in it didn't happen. I sent an email reply then I registered as Pee Wee and started posting my warnings and sending emails to admin. Texkev was very fast shutting it down and getting me back to my account

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    When my email was changed I got an email from the forum. As I seen the email I tried to log in it didn't happen. I sent an email reply then I registered as Pee Wee and started posting my warnings and sending emails to admin. Texkev was very fast shutting it down and getting me back to my account
    Glad to hear you got your account back. As the Site Admin Texkev would be the go-to for situations like this. The "Administrators" are who to find in a situation like this. The Mods don't have all those bells and whistles.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    INGO now has multifactor authentication. Assuming that's a function of the new software, as I don't recall it being there previous. It's under security settings on your account.

Just enabled that myself, using my MFA app, but you can also enable it with an email account (not the preferred method), if you don't use an authenticator app. Should eliminate account getting hacked with password spray or stolen password attack.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Glad to hear you got your account back. As the Site Admin Texkev would be the go-to for situations like this. The "Administrators" are who to find in a situation like this. The Mods don't have all those bells and whistles.
    I'm an admin and have access to some of the stuff, I think. But I haven't had a need to need with it other than the forum wide mass alerts I've sent out.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    My password is the same one from when I signed up in 2008. Probably not the most secure...

I use pretty much the same password everywhere for everything that isn't "critical" (sorry INGO).

If my account were hacked tomorrow and wiped from the planet, the guy that did would probably raise my overall reputation in the community as it happened and I would start over again better than I left off.

I have turned 2 factor on for a handful of things recently. To my utter shock, I have some digital assets that are actually generating real world income so I needed to protect them a little more than "password". When I started inventing money from the internet it sort of opened my eyes that other people on the internet probably want to steal it. Go figure. :scratch:

Top Bottom