• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I log in at least a couple times a day. That one day in particular, I couldn't log in and assumed it was me fat fingering my phone.

Later that day, I saw my avatar selling optics in the classifieds as **Shipped only**. Emailed the mods, had the ads taken down within minutes - along with some legit ads too, but that fine, they were easy to work with. Changed my password and continued on with life.

The password I use in INGO was a one time password, so I can only assume someone hacked their log-in system. Will be curious to see how many more of these pop up.

One thing for sure, I'd never buy a *ship only* advert in the classified.
    Thank you for that response.
    It may help someone else to avoid the trouble you had.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I never well hardly ever go to the classifieds so if someone sees me selling something let me know. It is probably, 99.999% not me. Jim.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Any simple way to make sure you are dealing with the actual INGOer, rather than a theif, when having the purchased item shipped?

Secret code word, hologram, etc?

Any chances that these thieves will be caught, or should we be on the lookout for their return?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Any simple way to make sure you are dealing with the actual INGOer, rather than a theif, when having the purchased item shipped?

Any chances that these thieves will be caught, or should we be on the lookout for their return?
    I’m probably too trusting but if they don’t play games, are willing to have a phone conversation, talk reel slow like a Hoosier should I call it good.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I’m probably too trusting but if they don’t play games, are willing to have a phone conversation, talk reel slow like a Hoosier should I call it good.
    I don't do phone conversation, unless requested, but often do txt. Not really so much when having an item shipped though.

As you say, I've always been trusting of INGOers, because I could check their post history. This situation worries me that I need to change that???

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I don't do phone conversation, unless requested, but often do txt. Not really so much when having an item shipped though.

As you say, I've always been trusting of INGOers, because I could check their post history. This situation worries me that I need to change that???
    Surely there would be some tells that something was up. Maybe I trust the odds too much, how I roll.
    Also, time, taking some time to complete the deal, should help reveal fraud.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Surely there would be some tells that something was up. Maybe I trust the odds too much, how I roll.
    Also, time, taking some time to complete the deal, should help reveal fraud.
    Awe man, you are killin' me here.

I don't want to talk on the phone. I want deals done fast. No waiting around for life :poop: to jump up and get in the way of either party.

I have made numerous deals that had $ in INGOers account instantly. Just had to wait around to receive the package, which was quick, until a couple of years ago.

It's why the post office has been so disappointing as of late. Deal last year, the gent paid like $15 bucks to ship a barrel from southern IN, an hour away from me. Took four days. :xmad: USPS has no accountability and will complain about themselves as much as their customers do.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    It would be interesting to see the IP address log for the phony classified post.
    See if it matches up with another login.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Is this another one??? Looks very suspicious.

Too low of price for that item bought a year ago.

Add specifies PayPal and shipped. Strangely user name lists Camby. No face to face???

Same user has two more adds selling ammo, listed at the same time. All paypal/shipped for $145. :scratch:

According to the user's post history, they haven't posted in 4 1/2 years???

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Is this another one??? Looks very suspicious.

Too low of price for that item bought a year ago.

Add specifies PayPal and shipped. Strangely user name lists Camby. No face to face???

Same user has two more adds selling ammo, listed at the same time. All paypal/shipped for $145. :scratch:

According to the user's post history, they haven't posted in 4 1/2 years???
    Something smells like fish to me. I would advise Ingo members not to do any deals in the classifieds where shipping and pre-pay is involved for the time being. FTF deals only.

Last edited:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Here is one of my older passwords feel free to use it was never broken but I like to change up at least once a year or two

C7xilqfZ9k

My luggage locks don't have letters. :dunno:

I can't get to my wallet because some 5 year old took my open carry piece and then the cops confiscated it and then they sent the boner drone over. The only thing worse, is Burger King. -1 for Burger King.

Anyone who even gets one part of that right is legit. Only a real Denny would get them all...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Link doesn't work. I see no Mod action on it. PM me the username.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'll bet the boss has already taken care of this.
    Could be. It was still working last night. There were three questionable ads all from the same member that were PP/shipping only. They were reported as suspicious. Possibly another hacked account.

Top Bottom