• ...and so much more!
  • scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    What’s a good appendix carry for a glock 43x

I have a Springfield xds I carry with a simple bladetech IWB. And I’ve tried appendix lately and it’s a lot more comfortable walking around and such. Just sitting down is a little meh. But I’m assuming that’s the holster.

Thanks

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I’m partial to Sidecar type holsters. I love my LAS Concealment Ronin 3.0. I also have one of the TREX Sidecar 2.0’s that I like and have had a Tier 1 Agis that I’ve liked.

If you just want a holster and not a mag caddy type holster, JM Custom Kydex, Phlster, Henry Holsters and LAS Concealment make excellent holsters.

I prefer double overhooks. Some people like single clip FOMIs, some people like pull the dots.

All of these are more on the expensive end but you get what you pay for.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The holster makes a huge difference. As does the belt. Make sure you have a proper gun belt.

One thing I've heard many time from the holster makers is the longer the barrel (which equals a longer holster) the better it carries. Some who carry a G19 use a G17 holster.

I have a 4" XDs that is my main EDC. I bought a cheap AIWB just to see if it's something I could live with. As a bigger guy, it has it's challenges but it serves as an option.

Practice drawing is a must. As is re-holstering. Since your pistol has a grip safety, move your thumb to the back of the slide when putting it back in. Lean back at the waist and look the gun in too. Don't just fish around for the holster blindly.

If it's something you think you want to keep on with, and with that particular gun, make the investment on a true AIWB holster from a great maker. I've linked a few below. Yes they are not inexpensive, but from what I've heard, they are worth every penny.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    smaller guns won't carry as well AIWB / centerline unless you have a looooong holster for said smaller gun. Belts create a pivot point, and small guns have way more material above the pivot point vs below it. This has been dubbed as the "keel effect" - like on a sail boat. The long keel, below the pivot point (water line) helps keep the material above the pivot point in place and stable.

married / sidecar holsters are one-trick ponies. They're also afflicted with more wear & tear issues than more traditional holsters due to their width and potential inflexibility. Some mitigate this with shock cord / biothane strips or even a hinge. Mitigate doesn't mean completely solves.

Also with the one-piece holsters - you're beholden to wearing them in one spot. With a single piece holster, you can wear it anywhere on your waistband you want.

For the best centerline / aiwb holsters, look to: Henry Holsters, Dark Star Gear, Phlster, JMM custom kydex, Tenicore, Keeper's Concealment, and/or HolsterCo. Not an exhaustive list, but it's a start. Also note: Henry Holsters is an Indiana company. He used to be on INGO before he got too busy to put up with the nonsense.

Luke.Schlatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Woodburn Indiana
    I’m partial to Sidecar type holsters. I love my LAS Concealment Ronin 3.0. I also have one of the TREX Sidecar 2.0’s that I like and have had a Tier 1 Agis that I’ve liked.

If you just want a holster and not a mag caddy type holster, JM Custom Kydex, Phlster, Henry Holsters and LAS Concealment make excellent holsters.

I prefer double overhooks. Some people like single clip FOMIs, some people like pull the dots.

All of these are more on the expensive end but you get what you pay for.
    Will definitely keep this in mind while searching, I’ve been thinking about a 43x and have been looking for a holster to pair it with

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    tried it but it was a no go for me. Too portly and it was uncomfortable sitting.

I'm a 3:00 carry guy. That's not likely to change, but never say never...

Scott gives a very detailed rundown of modern appendix carry holsters. He also mentions our friend and fellow INGOer at Henry Holsters.

NSFW

Last edited:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I’m a fan of carrying larger guns AIWB. It’s counterintuitive, but it works. For a gun the size of a 43x I really like Dale Fricke Holsters and Tenicor.

Top Bottom