• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    I am thinking of eventually getting into Law enforcement. I'm just right now wondering if it's really what I want to do. See I know I'd love being a police officer but I'm also a single father and I don't know if that would be the best decision for him too. So I was wanting to do a few ride alongs to sorta get a taste of life as a LEO. You know you can watch a hundred shows of Cops but I don't think that will give you a true sense.

My question to you guys is do you know anybody that is an LEO that would be willing to do a ride along? I know I can go to my local departments (and I have signed up for PPD but haven't heard anything back) but I've also heard that sometimes you end up with crappy officers. I want to be with someone who will explain what's going on and make the experience enjoyable and a learning experience for me.

I live in Plainfield (west Indy). Is there anybody that you know in the area or even some of you that are LEO's?

IndyParts

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Ktown Indiana
    It is easy. Go into a bar and get hammered drunk. Go outside, strip down naked and run down the road screaming, "I am the smartest man alive."

This will most definetly get you a ride along.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    It is easy. Go into a bar and get hammered drunk. Go outside, strip down naked and run down the road screaming, "I am the smartest man alive."

+1 :laugh: only thing is I don't think that will help me if and when I try getting on a department.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Look through some of the threads in the Break Room or Politics/Laws that focus on LEO issues. They usually post in there.

Off the top of my head:

Metro40
    Curraheeguns (sp?)
    public servant
    fpdshooter
    fpd1213 (or some combination of numbers)
    Riffman15

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

I don't get along too well with naked guys or Mensa members, so seeing how those actions would put him in both categories, he would get a pass from me! Besides, we don't transport prisoners in our squads and I sure as heck am not going to get nut-sweat on my seat. :n00b:

I work the Southwest district for IMPD, and the beat that I run borders the PPD jurisdiction. If you want to do a ride-along with me, let me know. I will be training a probationary officer starting in mid-June so you will have to come out before then.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    +1

Agent007 hooked me up with a ridealong for IMPD east district. The LEO that I rode with gave me a really good experience. Even though it rained for most of the night, we ran into a couple interesting people. My interest in LE has definately spiked.

So a big +1 for Agent007. Hopefully I'll be able to get out and do it again sometime in the near future.

Top Bottom