• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    I am thinking of eventually getting into Law enforcement. I'm just right now wondering if it's really what I want to do. See I know I'd love being a police officer but I'm also a single father and I don't know if that would be the best decision for him too. So I was wanting to do a few ride alongs to sorta get a taste of life as a LEO. You know you can watch a hundred shows of Cops but I don't think that will give you a true sense.

My question to you guys is do you know anybody that is an LEO that would be willing to do a ride along? I know I can go to my local departments (and I have signed up for PPD but haven't heard anything back) but I've also heard that sometimes you end up with crappy officers. I want to be with someone who will explain what's going on and make the experience enjoyable and a learning experience for me.

I live in Plainfield (west Indy). Is there anybody that you know in the area or even some of you that are LEO's?

IndyParts

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Ktown Indiana
    It is easy. Go into a bar and get hammered drunk. Go outside, strip down naked and run down the road screaming, "I am the smartest man alive."

This will most definetly get you a ride along.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    It is easy. Go into a bar and get hammered drunk. Go outside, strip down naked and run down the road screaming, "I am the smartest man alive."

+1 :laugh: only thing is I don't think that will help me if and when I try getting on a department.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Look through some of the threads in the Break Room or Politics/Laws that focus on LEO issues. They usually post in there.

Off the top of my head:

Metro40
    Curraheeguns (sp?)
    public servant
    fpdshooter
    fpd1213 (or some combination of numbers)
    Riffman15

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

I don't get along too well with naked guys or Mensa members, so seeing how those actions would put him in both categories, he would get a pass from me! Besides, we don't transport prisoners in our squads and I sure as heck am not going to get nut-sweat on my seat. :n00b:

I work the Southwest district for IMPD, and the beat that I run borders the PPD jurisdiction. If you want to do a ride-along with me, let me know. I will be training a probationary officer starting in mid-June so you will have to come out before then.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    +1

Agent007 hooked me up with a ridealong for IMPD east district. The LEO that I rode with gave me a really good experience. Even though it rained for most of the night, we ran into a couple interesting people. My interest in LE has definately spiked.

So a big +1 for Agent007. Hopefully I'll be able to get out and do it again sometime in the near future.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom