• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    On Forgotten Weapons Ian explains how we came up with the surplus M-17 already, and compare the differences between an actual army M-17 and the ones sold on civilian market.

He’s also holding a drawing to win the M-17 that he shows in the video, but there’s a catch: To enter the drawing you have to buy his $49 coffee cup (plus shipping!). So bring your credit card.

Here’s the video, but on my screen is showing it as a “age restricted” video, so you’ll have to follow the link and sign in I guess.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    On Forgotten Weapons Ian explains how we came up with the surplus M-17 already, and compare the differences between an actual army M-17 and the ones sold on civilian market.

He’s also holding a drawing to win the M-17 that he shows in the video, but there’s a catch: To enter the drawing you have to buy his $49 coffee cup (plus shipping!). So bring your credit card.

Here’s the video, but on my screen is showing it as a “age restricted” video, so you’ll have to follow the link and sign in I guess.

I have it on my youtube channel will give it a watch. Thanks for posting.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Why are these firing on their own too?
    This issue has been fixed. Unless you get one from someone that didn’t send their P320 in at recall to get fixed. Best way to check though is to remove the slide. If it has the parts circled in my photo, it has been updated.

Attachments

• IMG_2085.jpeg
      IMG_2085.jpeg
      540.9 KB · Views: 33

ben142266

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2023
    Aurora
    Local LGS said they weren't ordering as many SIGS because of the lawsuits but they didn't go into detail. A quick internet search even said it was only SIGs built before 2017 I believe. One of those shops I don't care to go to if I can avoid it. I'm hoping more of these get surplused in the future, I definitely would like to get my hands on one.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Are these pistols marked ? May sound like a silly question, but I'm not a pistol guy, not a SIG guy.......
    Sorta. Both have obvious use, tc serial numbers, and tan safety, release, etc that the new production for army and civi models have black parts. Also cage code and box sku marked surplus. Pretty spicy on GB recently. Pretty sure these are the ones that went boom when dropped

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Story one

Story two

Story three

These stories don't instill a lot of confidence in SIG or the 320.
    But with the 100's of thousands of them now in service with our Armed Services,and the civilian world. They have yet to see these failing like its supposed to be happening in LE.
    Any video of someone reproducing this
    phenomenon?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Story one

Story two

Story three

wVZsN5e.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Guns go off by themselves? How shocking, but we have the 4 Rules for that sort of thing.

No, don't really want an Army surplus M17 but I have been known to be cheap so I load my 9MM on the lighter side. That NATO 9MM is a spicy meatball and what I shot I don't need the heavier slide.

Stick to my COTS clones. I am cool with those.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I am so old that I remember the very same suits against Glock being filed when Glock was dominating Copland.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Story one

Story two

Story three

Any stories about a 365 going off unannounced? I haven't heard any and that leads me to believe 320s have a problem. Quietly repairing the issue is the only solution because admitting there's a defect would open them to lawsuits (many frivolous) that would probably bankrupt the company.

Dingleberry

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 12, 2021
    Indiana
    Any stories about a 365 going off unannounced? I haven't heard any and that leads me to believe 320s have a problem. Quietly repairing the issue is the only solution because admitting there's a defect would open them to lawsuits (many frivolous) that would probably bankrupt the company.
    I haven't personally read anything bad on a 365. All new guns will have teething problems but the 320s just appear grossly negligent.

Morgan12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2023
    Illinois
    I’m not a fan of the 320 or Sig really. I remember when we first got the 320s into the unit everyone was excited atleast all the young skycops.

Remember the beretta 92 problem with cracked slides. Well when you build this many guns and shoot them that much there will be problems all new programs have teething issues.

Personally I wish we could of just used more time proven weapons such as Glock or M&Ps

Top Bottom