• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I’m not a fan of the 320 or Sig really. I remember when we first got the 320s into the unit everyone was excited atleast all the young skycops.

Remember the beretta 92 problem with cracked slides. Well when you build this many guns and shoot them that much there will be problems all new programs have teething issues.

Personally I wish we could of just used more time proven weapons such as Glock or M&Ps

"You are not a SEAL untill you have tasted Italian steel" :abused: (not a vet just enjoy the phrase) , if memory serves it was a Heat Treatment issue (like the P365 early strikers). Then Beretta fixed themselves and even beefed up the locking block to ensure it could not happen again.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    If Sig, at this point in time, was still producing the P320 with a known and replicable issue, it would be the most egregious corporate liability case in recent history.

As even the plaintiff's can not positively replicate the alleged issues on post-2017 P320's, all I see here is internet misinformation and lawyers/plaintiffs chasing settlement dollars.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    I think this video from Ian does a good job of how these gun "urban legends" come about an prosper! And for those of you who are two young to remember.. look up "Glock Leg".

Some pretty interesting comments also.

NoStepOnSnekPlz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2023
    Zionsville
    I switched my edc to the 365x Macro when it came out, and I have been loving it. However, I have noticed that a (relatively) strong bump when reloading will release the slide. It's pretty great, because it definitely speeds up time to get back on target.. but it's definitely worrisome on what kind of tolerances they allow in their guns. Certainly don't want it going off in appendix.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I switched my edc to the 365x Macro when it came out, and I have been loving it. However, I have noticed that a (relatively) strong bump when reloading will release the slide. It's pretty great, because it definitely speeds up time to get back on target.. but it's definitely worrisome on what kind of tolerances they allow in their guns. Certainly don't want it going off in appendix.
    I have noticed this in plenty of platforms as a civilian. Even our m16&m4’s this was a common occurrence and utilized it for efficiency. Not saying it’s correct but I am saying it’s normal and at least in my experience 1st and 2nd hand, has never presented itself as a safety issue.

But I’m just a dude on the internet perpetuating my opinion as truth.

The sigs shooting on their own, I’m taking it with a grain of salt. I bought my first p320 in 2015ish edc until 2020 with who knows how many rounds.. definitely 1-2k/ year. Never a hiccup. I didn’t mistreat it, but I used it as a tool.

Of course that’s just a single data point. So who the heck knows I guess.
    :twocents: ymmv

Top Bottom