• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    This is a strange post , well to me anyway .
    You would have to take the trigger lock off to show a gun anyway wouldn’t you ?
    Hard to tell if the gun fits your hand correctly with a lock on it I would believe ?

It would be way premeditated to come in with a loaded mag for a gun your gonna look at .
    Not saying it couldn’t happen but strange to take a chance to rob a gun shop where they are all armed & you have to load and chamber a round and aim , before being shot.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Thought about doing this as a part time gig.
    My main concern is John Q. Public and accidental discharges.
    I’ve seen some dicey handling practices at the stores with indoor ranges.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    This is a strange post , well to me anyway .
    You would have to take the trigger lock off to show a gun anyway wouldn’t you ?
    Hard to tell if the gun fits your hand correctly with a lock on it I would believe ?

It would be way premeditated to come in with a loaded mag for a gun your gonna look at .
    Not saying it couldn’t happen but strange to take a chance to rob a gun shop where they are all armed & you have to load and chamber a round and aim , before being shot.
    1) Ours are very small not the big orange ones. Just locks the trigger. No issues to "fit"
    2) We are not armed.
    3) You should see the level of crazy that comes in on a daily basis.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    1) Ours are very small not the big orange ones. Just locks the trigger. No issues to "fit"
    2) We are not armed.
    3) You should see the level of crazy that comes in on a daily basis.
    1. Ok fine , I will throw ya a bone .
    2. Why would not want to be armed ?
    I mean you sell guns , ammo , holsters, and would think it’s a given .
    3. All the more reason to be armed . You are making your own case to be armed !

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    1. Ok fine , I will throw ya a bone .
    2. Why would not want to be armed ?
    I mean you sell guns , ammo , holsters, and would think it’s a given .
    3. All the more reason to be armed . You are making your own case to be armed !
    Not disagreeing. Would rather be armed but I made the choice to work within their policy. So far so good but there are times I question my decisions. I seem to have done that a lot thus far in my life!:bash:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I picked up side money in several gun shops. Never great money, it was always a side gig more fun than fast food job. I ALWAYS carried. Never worked where they would not let me. They all kept a least one loaded firearm by the register. I even carried at the Guitar shop jobs, concealed in those shops.

Last edited:

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Not disagreeing. Would rather be armed but I made the choice to work within their policy. So far so good but there are times I question my decisions. I seem to have done that a lot thus far in my life!:bash:
    I’m so confused , you work in a gun shop and they have a policy that you can’t be armed !? Wow
    I hate to say it but it’s only a matter of time !
    If you already work in a questionable location , it’s only a matter of time before someone or a group of people figure out that you all are not armed and then things go bad.
    I don’t know you but that would be a game changer for me.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Hard to believe, but in the City of Chicago there were indoor pistol ranges. Since you could not carry there, before you walked out the door, your pistols had to be unloaded and locked in a hard case. I never saw it but was told that sometimes City officers would be checking people. The problem was that criminals also knew you were defenseless. Walking to your car they would hit you in the head with a bat and grab the gun case that was supposed to "make the city safe" Making the law abiding weak only makes the criminal stronger.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Just to be clear. It is a BBS with a firearm counter. It is in a great location. I work there because I was bored after 3 weeks of retirement. I get to talk with people about my/ our hobby all day. Most of my co-workers are Vets and so that has a comfortable feeling to it.
    It's kinda like when I use to help sell Busse knives at the 1500. Interesting to just observe humanity at times and at others you just scratch your head and say WTF?

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Thought about doing this as a part time gig.
    My main concern is John Q. Public and accidental discharges.
    I’ve seen some dicey handling practices at the stores with indoor ranges.
    You ever notice that most shops have a jar or something filled with mixed cartridges on the counter? All those rounds came out of "unloaded" guns.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I'm very critical of the egos on display at the average FFL, but god help me if they don't have to deal with the dumbest, craziest people on this earth.
    I agree, but I think that goes with ANY job in retail dealing with the public in general. God knows I've lost a lot of faith in humanity and society since I started working at a seed and feed store.

Reactions: Leo
    Top Bottom