• ...and so much more!
  • flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    For all the wanna be gun shop owners or employees, THIS is why I like the idea of trigger locks on guns in the store. Easy to talk crap when it's not your ass hanging out there. We get to deal with unknown, possibly mentally ill, people every single day. You never know what's going to happen. No, I'm not going to quit because I like it and the risk of getting hurt or shot are less than my previous jobs. Any safety procedures I can put in place are a win for me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Why didn't the gun fire? I mean this is a crappy thing to happen for sure, and I'm glad nobody was hurt or killed, but if he loaded it, and pulled the trigger several times and it didn't fire, I wonder why. Especially since it seems to be a revolver. I could see it if it was a DA/SA semi-auto and he forgot to rack a round into the chamber, but a revolver? :scratch:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Why didn't the gun fire? I mean this is a crappy thing to happen for sure, and I'm glad nobody was hurt or killed, but if he loaded it, and pulled the trigger several times and it didn't fire, I wonder why. Especially since it seems to be a revolver. I could see it if it was a DA/SA semi-auto and he forgot to rack a round into the chamber, but a revolver? :scratch:

Says "loaded", but maybe snap caps?

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Who`s "talking crap"? :dunno:
    I refer to some who talked crap about BBS having trigger locks on guns and swear they will never go in those places because of it. Or "If it was my store..."

Also, many BBS employees are not allowed to carry. From my experience that is not necessarily a bad decision.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I refer to some who talked crap about BBS having trigger locks on guns and swear they will never go in those places because of it. Or "If it was my store..."

Also, many BBS employees are not allowed to carry. From my experience that is not necessarily a bad decision.
    Are you allowed to take the trigger locks off?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Are you allowed to take the trigger locks off?
    I was told I couldn't handle a gun that I ordered from RK to be transferred at an RK store because they didn't have a trigger lock for it... I had to have the gun counter person function check it for me.

And that was just one of the myriad of issues with that experience. And no, I'll never have another gun transferred into there, even if I were to come across some great deal from RK I couldn't live without, I'd have it shipped to an LGS.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I was told I couldn't handle a gun that I ordered from RK to be transferred at an RK store because they didn't have a trigger lock for it... I had to have the gun counter person function check it for me.

And that was just one of the myriad of issues with that experience. And no, I'll never have another gun transferred into there, even if I were to come across some great deal from RK I couldn't live without, I'd have it shipped to an LGS.

These corporate places sometimes have good deals but they aren't real gun stores, I don't think i've ever been to a real gun store that trigger locks everything?

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I applied for a job at a local gun store. I didn't get hired. Probably asked for too much money.

Top Bottom