Fort Wayne

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

He received the medal of valor for his help. Link: Cottonwood police honor civilians who helped them in Walmart brawl (with video) - The Verde Independent - Cottonwood, Arizona

I hope this wasn't necessary to protect his job.

Regards,

Doug

I can only imagine as he had a female supervisor. No knock on the gender but they do tend to get freaked when these thing happen and she has store policy to protect.
    I do believe that young man is a very big part of saving more injury to LEO's as he took on the big guy. He had him stunned a few times.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The supervisor was in the video and occasionally requested Eric to pull back. This is Cottonwood AZ, not Indy. He's a hero. I can't imagine what would have happened here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The supervisor was in the video and occasionally requested Eric to pull back. This is Cottonwood AZ, not Indy. He's a hero. I can't imagine what would have happened here.

Every time he did pull back he was holding his throat.....I think big boy had him in choke a few times.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I can only imagine as he had a female supervisor. No knock on the gender but they do tend to get freaked when these thing happen and she has store policy to protect.
    I do believe that young man is a very big part of saving more injury to LEO's as he took on the big guy. He had him stunned a few times.

It will be interesting to see. Many big companies have a "do not engage" policy when it comes to acts of violence. Many of us are familiar with the "shelter in place" or "do not approach" the person that is the source of the violence. Sometimes is just comes down to doing the right thing, and I'd like to see companies recognize that. That kind of courage and selfless action is a sign of good character, and exactly who I would WANT working at my place of business.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    You just know the next family fight is gonna start over the newly, vacant bedroom in the suburban........................................LETS GET READY TO RUUUUMMMBBBBLLLEE!

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    So, at what point do ya'll think deadly force was justified?

My opinion? The minute someone went after an officer it opened the door for taser and asp and OC and anything the officer could use to slow a subject. The minute he reached for the officer's gun, that shows intent and anything goes. The officers showed GREAT restraint by not shooting every one of them.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Charges finalized against Gaver family in parking lot brawl with police - The Verde Independent - Cottonwood, Arizona

Yeah, as the sorry excuses for parents said at the start of this whole thing, "You're hitting children!"
    Yeah, right.
    Did I mention that the now dead one who grabbed the gun, Enoch, was 21?

The Friday indictment brought the following charges against each of the Gaver family members:

• David Gaver, 28, is facing the most with 16 counts of aggravated assault, two counts of resisting arrest, two counts of hindering prosecution, one count of riot, and four counts of disorderly conduct.

• Jeremiah Gaver, 29, faces four counts of aggravated assault, two counts of resisting arrest, two counts of hindering prosecution, one count of riot, misdemeanor assault, and three counts of misdemeanor disorderly conduct.

• Nathaniel Gaver, 27, has been charged with four counts of aggravated assault, two counts of resisting arrest, two counts of hindering prosecution, one count of riot, one count of assault (misdemeanor), and three counts of disorderly conduct (misdemeanors)

• Peter Gaver, 55, is facing one count of resisting arrest, and one count of hindering prosecution (both felonies).

• Ruth Gaver, 52, one count of aggravated assault, one count of resisting arrest (felony), one count of riot, and count of resisting arrest (misdemeanor).

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I just got to thinkin'... IF anyone were to ever post the money for their bonds, presuming they ever get a bond set, they will face a whole different reality on what can happen when real recovery agents come after them!

If they think the cops were bad, just wait until a heavily armed group of bounty hunters show up at their door. The bounty hunters will have all the reason in the world to come loaded for bear, as they have the perfect video evidence to show these peoples failure to do what they're told.

Our recovery laws are very olde school and give great latitude regarding the force a recovery agent can use to bring a violent offender in. Most of the time such force is avoided but in a case such as this, full body armor and shotguns would probably be standard operating procedure. They wouldn't ask... more than once.

Again, just a thought.

Regards,

Doug

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    To All,

I just got to thinkin'... IF anyone were to ever post the money for their bonds, presuming they ever get a bond set, they will face a whole different reality on what can happen when real recovery agents come after them!

If they think the cops were bad, just wait until a heavily armed group of bounty hunters show up at their door. The bounty hunters will have all the reason in the world to come loaded for bear, as they have the perfect video evidence to show these peoples failure to do what they're told.

Our recovery laws are very olde school and give great latitude regarding the force a recovery agent can use to bring a violent offender in. Most of the time such force is avoided but in a case such as this, full body armor and shotguns would probably be standard operating procedure. They wouldn't ask... more than once.

Again, just a thought.

Regards,

Doug

It would almost be worth it to see these fools try and resist a burly group of bounty hunters, just to see them taken out of the general population permanently.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I am watching the slow motion now, and I am about done... But if this family is this crazy and all, it really surprises me that they didn't have a gun to begin with rather than needing to take the officers.. Thank God that wasn't the case, but it's almost surprising they didn't have weapons of some sort!

Top Bottom