• Total voters

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    So what were we to do? Not vote at all? :dunno:

This is where I think we need a "none of the above" vote on every race, and if NOTA gets the most votes, you hold a new election for that race, with none of the current candidates allowed to run. How many times do you think the parties would keep putting up crap candidates if that were the way it was done?

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    This is where I think we need a "none of the above" vote on every race, and if NOTA gets the most votes, you hold a new election for that race, with none of the current candidates allowed to run. How many times do you think the parties would keep putting up crap candidates if that were the way it was done?

Wow sounds like an awesome idea! I don't know if that would fly with everybody though but it sure would be nice.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I never did like Palin.
    I do not think she was any where near ready to be even the vice president.I do have a few reasons for this belief.
    1.She thought Freddy and Fannie Mae where government institutions giving private loans(though they now are).
    2.She said the federal reserve and the treasury are one in the same,they are VERY different.
    3.Three days after joining the presidential ticket on CNN she says "Iraq was surely behind sept 11 even if we can not prove it now".
    4.While Mayor of Wasilla she actually did nothing.0...nothing. The Republican party installed an "administrator" for her who actually did the work.She used this as the reason taxes in Wasilla went up 38%..."I was not actually running anything."The only thing she did was spend taxpayer money on pet projects.
    5.Tried to force creationism as the only thing taught in school.While I am a firm beliver that God created us this earth and everything,to say evolution does not take place is well dumb.
    6.Library censorship. She did not want any book in a public library that had foul language(she mentioned Mark Twain...come on!) ,and called Harry Potter "an instructuonal guide to witchcraft"...come on its ficton. She tried to fire the librarian of Wasilla for not agreeing with her.Book burning and censorship have no place in America.Source..
    Sarah Palin Week!
    see 9pm.(there are others sources but I found that one in about 2 seconds).
    7.I do not think she is anything more than a puppet.She has very little clue about history or the world around her.
    There are other reasons...but that is a good start.
    [FONT=arial,helv,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
    [/SIZE]
    [/FONT]

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac

OMG I agree with Fletch!!!!!! :+1:

Super Idea!!!!

NOTA!!!!!

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    After seeing the Republicans choose Palin, so hastily, I knew the nails were in the coffin. They were already on the ropes at that point & the charismatic rock star already had the nation by the hand & was leading it backstage for a good ol' fashion !@#'.

Wrong.
    Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere
    McCain stole some of Obama’s bounce with his surprise announcement the day after the Democratic convention closed of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as his running mate. The 44-year-old former beauty queen and hard-nosed reformer was a fresh face in the race, added youth to the ticket and also fired up McCain’s Republican base which had largely been going through the motions up until then. National media coverage of Palin was mostly critical, but she far exceeded expectations with her speech to the Republican National Convention in Minneapolis in early September. Republicans bolted out of the convention ready to win, and it showed in the polls.
    The week of September 8-14 McCain was ahead for the first time – but by only one point. Obama reclaimed a one-point lead the following week. Basically the race was tied going into the last six weeks of the campaign.
    Then on September 15, the 158-year-old investment banking firm of Lehman Brothers filed for bankruptcy protection, marking the largest bankruptcy in U.S. history. The bursting housing bubble had hit Wall Street. Other firms fell like dominoes, and the resulting “financial meltdown” dominated the front pages. The Bush Administration stepped in with a proposal for unprecedented federal government involvement in the private sector and hammered out an agreement with the Democratic-led Congress. There was plenty of blame to go around, but for voters it was the final nail in the coffin of the Bush years and Republican governance.

Palin helped the ticket, plain and simple and I think it is funny how many people are afraid of her. They would be in their comfort zones if they could elect fake, but tremble in fear when confronted with someone who is real.

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    I like the NOTA idea. I also think it would be better if all states had primaries on the same day, that way no one would have it decided before others even get to vote. We also need a Constitutional Amendment allowing us to have a "no confidence" vote when the need comes along and then a special election.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Why is Ron Paul on here, who wasn't on the general election ballot, but not Chuck Baldwin or Bob Barr, who were on the ballot?

Congratulations to all you who voted for McCain. You didn't throw your vote away. You told the republican party "We love Rinos like McCain! Give us more democrat-lite candidates to vote for."

POTI

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    This election has caused me to swing FAR right. I now consider myself a libertarian since I follow the constitution. This has also allowed me the privilege of going back and reading the writings of the founders. I am awe struck by their wisdom and foresight into what this country would become.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yea I voted McCain. Only because of Palin. I thought about casting an empty ballot. That's making a statement. Kinda. but I voted for the guy with the closest chance of beating out obamatard. It didn't work. I'd rather have voted Ron Paul. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I'm not real thrilled about the fact that you voted for him, but I wouldn't have been any more impressed if you had voted for McCain.
    I misunderstood what bigus_D
    was saying, and I put the title of this thread in quotes (I'm assuming he is the one that typed it) So I guess he isn't very happy with me and I'm sorry for the misunderstanding!

I also copied and pasted his name and the rest of this post ended up in bold and I couldn't figure out how to turn that off. sure hope I don't get any bad rep for that.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I misunderstood what bigus_D
    was saying, and I put the title of this thread in quotes (I'm assuming he is the one that typed it) So I guess he isn't very happy with me and I'm sorry for the misunderstanding!

I also copied and pasted his name and the rest of this post ended up in bold and I couldn't figure out how to turn that off. sure hope I don't get any bad rep for that.

Yer cute. ;)

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Why is Ron Paul on here, who wasn't on the general election ballot, but not Chuck Baldwin or Bob Barr, who were on the ballot?

Congratulations to all you who voted for McCain. You didn't throw your vote away. You told the republican party "We love Rinos like McCain! Give us more democrat-lite candidates to vote for."

WOW. YES! That is EXACTLY why I voted for McCain. And that is what I was thinking too. I'm glad you caught on, you sly dog you... get em' sparky! Your open bucket is spewing... you may want to fix the holes....:n00b:

Top Bottom