• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Seems some here dislike their illegal actions recorded by other citizens.

citizens don't enforce laws on other citizens. LEOs or law enforcement officers do that. It's disgusting that they're trying to do "good" by ratting on their fellow citizens for doing 40 in a 30. They're bored, obviously have nothing better to do, and have an authoritarian mindset.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    citizens don't enforce laws on other citizens. LEOs or law enforcement officers do that. It's disgusting that they're trying to do "good" by ratting on their fellow citizens for doing 40 in a 30. They're bored, obviously have nothing better to do, and have an authoritarian mindset.
    Meanwhile, their kids are probably left unsupervised and will grow up to be heathens. There are far too many people in this world who want to control others. Be it the PTA parent, a supervisor or whatever. They get off on having power over others.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

IC 35-33-1-4
    Any person
    Sec. 4. (a) Any person may arrest any other person if:
    (1) the other person committed a felony in his presence;
    (2) a felony has been committed and he has probable cause to believe that the other person has committed that felony; or
    (3) a misdemeanor involving a breach of peace is being committed in his presence and the arrest is necessary to prevent the continuance of the breach of peace.
    (b) A person making an arrest under this section shall, as soon as practical, notify a law enforcement officer and deliver custody of the person arrested to a law enforcement officer.
    (c) The law enforcement officer may process the arrested person as if the officer had arrested him. The officer who receives or processes a person arrested by another under this section is not liable for false arrest or false imprisonment.
    As added by Acts 1981, P.L.298, SEC.2. Amended by Acts 1982, P.L.204, SEC.7.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    IC 35-33-1-4
    Any person
    Sec. 4. (a) Any person may arrest any other person if:
    (1) the other person committed a felony in his presence;
    (2) a felony has been committed and he has probable cause to believe that the other person has committed that felony; or
    (3) a misdemeanor involving a breach of peace is being committed in his presence and the arrest is necessary to prevent the continuance of the breach of peace.
    (b) A person making an arrest under this section shall, as soon as practical, notify a law enforcement officer and deliver custody of the person arrested to a law enforcement officer.
    (c) The law enforcement officer may process the arrested person as if the officer had arrested him. The officer who receives or processes a person arrested by another under this section is not liable for false arrest or false imprisonment.
    As added by Acts 1981, P.L.298, SEC.2. Amended by Acts 1982, P.L.204, SEC.7.

Awesome! Time for some masked vigilanteism! :D <loads belt with Disposa-rangs and Disposa-gas>

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    I think its a great idea. Equip them with cameras to.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

And a car with lights and a gun.
    A little training thrown in for good measure.

I want left alone. I abide by most rules.

When I don't, call a professional that is trained and equipped
    to inform me of my infractions.

Using soccer moms for traffic infractions is a disaster waiting to happen.

Loco179

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Can someone help me out here? I thought LEO's had to be certified to use a radar gun. In theory I thought everyone was supposed to get your day in court to defend any accusations against you.

I have a hard time with this nanny state we are starting to live in!:patriot:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Can someone help me out here? I thought LEO's had to be certified to use a radar gun. In theory I thought everyone was supposed to get your day in court to defend any accusations against you.

I have a hard time with this nanny state we are starting to live in!:patriot:
    Actually you need an FCC license to operate one since they are a transmitter. We fall under the umbrella of the department's FCC license.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    bild121212121212e.jpg

How many points is it these days for plowing over two heffers?

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

How did they " enforce laws on other citizens".
    Explain the "enforce" part please.

What law that has been broken is it then OK to rat on someone?

Murder, theft, wreckless driving, child molestation, rape,receiving stolen property, conversion, drug dealing, trepassing, disregaurding a traffic control device, arson, wire fraud, perjury, PI, DUI ?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    LOL! Point taken.

However, speeding is punishable only by a fine.
    It doesn't rank high on anyone's list of society destroying activities.
    A few years ago I got a speeding ticket and I paid the bribe to the court to get keep it off my record.
    That was like $180. :n00b:
    Since then I seldom speed unless it's just from not paying strict attention. :draw:
    40 mph in a 30 mph zone is ludicrous IMO.
    You can get up to 40 without even trying.
    As a matter of fact I usually have to try to keep it at 30.

That picture pretty much sums it up.
    It's like Barney Fife without his bullet OR his gun.

Actually speeding is punishable by more than just a fine. If you happen to be going more than a set amount above the posted limit, it magically becomes wreckless driving and is a class A misdemeanor and punishable by jail time.

As for those ladies, that is in the sub-division behind me. They have very wide streets to make it very easy to go above the posted 25 MPH. I avoid that sub-division like the plague. There is no way on God's Green Earth that you can drive 25 on those streets without staring at your speedometer which then causes you to take your eyes off the road enough so you don't see their rug-rats playing in the streets.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

And a car with lights and a gun.
    A little training thrown in for good measure.

I want left alone. I abide by most rules.

When I don't, call a professional that is trained and equipped
    to inform me of my infractions.

Using soccer moms for traffic infractions is a disaster waiting to happen.

Amazing phenomenon. I read nothing about anyone enforcing traffic infractions. I want to be left alone to. I abide by most rules. From what I gathered they were sending letters out to people speeding through their residential neighborhood. You want a professional to educate you on infractions? Gonna run you about $188 bux.

Neighborhood watch? Pshhhh I think trained CIA agents need to handle such matters.

Survival groups? Psshh only bear grylls has proper training.

Owning firearms? Pshhhh only military or law enforcement have the proper qualifications.

What in the hell are these soccer moms trying to do? Free community based policing? They are not qualified to point a radar gun or lick a stamp.

Wait it JUST hit me......... you guys are jealous. Instead of pissing and moaning on the internet then stroking each others egos these people are out actively working to resolve what they deem a problem.

FYI there are no "certifications" for radar. I could teach a 3rd grader to use a stalker in less than 15 minutes.

Last edited:

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    These "stay at home moms" were doing this in my parents neighborhood years back. What a JOKE. Leave that to LEOs. Hell every Carmel police car has a radar in it we don't need people standing on street corning trying to "scare" us into slowing down. I'd bet money those citizens running radar drive more than 25 down the street!

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    How did they " enforce laws on other citizens".
    Explain the "enforce" part please.

What law that has been broken is it then OK to rat on someone?

Murder, theft, wreckless driving, child molestation, rape,receiving stolen property, conversion, drug dealing, trepassing, disregaurding a traffic control device, arson, wire fraud, perjury, PI, DUI ?

How about setting a speedtrap, getting a license plate number and calling the the real police when somebody is speeding, at the do-gooder's discretion of course.

Would you call the cops on somebody for going 10 over?

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    These "stay at home moms" were doing this in my parents neighborhood years back. What a JOKE. Leave that to LEOs. Hell every Carmel police car has a radar in it we don't need people standing on street corning trying to "scare" us into slowing down. I'd bet money those citizens running radar drive more than 25 down the street!

I cant agree more. Carmel PD has radar in all of their cars. Lets leave it to them to camp the neighborhoods and "scare" people into slowing down.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Amazing phenomenon. I read nothing about anyone enforcing traffic infractions. I want to be left alone to. I abide by most rules. From what I gathered they were sending letters out to people speeding through their residential neighborhood. You want a professional to educate you on infractions? Gonna run you about $188 bux.

Neighborhood watch? Pshhhh I think trained CIA agents need to handle such matters.

Survival groups? Psshh only bear grylls has proper training.

Owning firearms? Pshhhh only military or law enforcement have the proper qualifications.

What in the hell are these soccer moms trying to do? Free community based policing? They are not qualified to point a radar gun or lick a stamp.

Wait it JUST hit me......... you guys are jealous. Instead of pissing and moaning on the internet then stroking each others egos these people are out actively working to resolve what they deem a problem.

FYI there are no "certifications" for radar. I could teach a 3rd grader to use a stalker in less than 15 minutes.

Keyser is absolutely right. The rest of you may not think speeding through neighborhoods is a big deal, but these people did. Instead of getting on soccermoms.com and complaining about it, they tried to do something about it. Who knows whether it actually got people to slow down, but they volunteered their time to do it and try to make a difference.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    I cant agree more. Carmel PD has radar in all of their cars. Lets leave it to them to camp the neighborhoods and "scare" people into slowing down.

It's their jobs isn't it? I'm all for Carmel PD but I don't think we need some bored moms clocking people for going a few MPH over the speed limit. A little excessive for me.

Top Bottom