• ...and so much more!
  • ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Didn’t see this listed yet.

Of interest Apparently Vista was sold to a European company. S&W was owned by a British company years ago so I don’t believe this is a Bad deal but we shall see. (And the lock was gonna happen with or without the Clinton Admin as Safe-T-Hammer Owned S&W at the time anyway so let that whole Hillary hole rest)

I’m sure the YouTube Gun Channels will do what they do and run with it for clicks and likes!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    (And the lock was gonna happen with or without the Clinton Admin as Safe-T-Hammer Owned S&W at the time anyway so let that whole Hillary hole rest)

I'll let it rest when they stop installing them. I don't care what others do with their money, but I can't take any pride or enjoyment in ownership of a lock equipped S&W. I've bought some modern non-revolving S&W offerings but will never buy a lock gun, period.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I got the invite this morning to the call, but work had a lock on my time at the same time. It hasn't been good for the stock price, I am down around $10 per share, and it dropped from $32 this morning to a current $24. (I didn't buy this morning, I've had it for months).

Czechoslovak Group already owned Fiocchi, and the Czech's are the only other country that I know of that has a 2nd amendment (though it might not be #2, since it was just voted in a few years back).

Will this be good, I don't know. I may be dumping my Vista Outdoors stock though.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I'll let it rest when they stop installing them. I don't care what others do with their money, but I can't take any pride or enjoyment in ownership of a lock equipped S&W. I've bought some modern non-revolving S&W offerings but will never buy a lock gun, period.
    Lock equipped S&W? As in something like Springfield using IRC ILS?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Didn’t see this listed yet.

Of interest Apparently Vista was sold to a European company. S&W was owned by a British company years ago so I don’t believe this is a Bad deal but we shall see. (And the lock was gonna happen with or without the Clinton Admin as Safe-T-Hammer Owned S&W at the time anyway so let that whole Hillary hole rest)

I’m sure the YouTube Gun Channels will do what they do and run with it for clicks and likes!

Maybe the CZ's will stop them from making new calibers and concentrate on getting the popular calibers manufactured at a higher rate.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    More article links:

and Vista press release:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Not familiar with their holdings minus Fiocci and B&P shotgun ammo (both good brands IMHO)

Vista sold : Federal Ammo, Remington Ammo (not guns), Bushnell, CCI, and Speer Ammo

It appears the Czechs want more ammo, I will be interested to see if this effects stateside availability

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    At this point It doesn't matter to me who owns the company as long as I can buy their product. Large rifle primers are like unicorns and Vista may be pressured by the gov. so a foreign entity owning it, might loosen things up a bit. Doubt it,but after 2 years of Uncle Joe I don’t see anything gun friendly happening for Domestic companies. Maybe the Czechs have dirt on him as well.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    No more Federal or Speer for me! Hornaday from now on only!
    While I get the idea of a foreign owner sounds negative but folks should not always think worst case scenario. With import restrictions it makes sense if they either buy an existing company or build and expand their own here.

But on another note If you look deep into the weeds even American companies have foreign relations . To the point a large number of US company products are made overseas. One example Buick SUVs (and other vehicles) you buy here are made in China but nobody is talking about that.

Toyota trucks are 85% or more made here where Chevy and Ford are like 70%

We imported a lot of European ammo back in the day S&B, Fiocchi and others.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom