• ...and so much more!
  • 1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Why would an import ban matter? Unless there are sanctions in place, import/export isn't based on who owns the company.

Gun owners manufacture most of their own crisis of the week runs, so you may be more right there.
    dunno. The way things have been going I don't need much reason to buy stuff.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Exactly. The guntuber Cult on YouTube is too much sometimes. To them the sky is falling more than some in The Woke crowd!
    I guess I don't watch the right guntubers.
    Who are the ones telling people to buy ammo like it's not going to be made again anytime soon?
    According to SGammo the ammo run started around the same day or shortly after the attack on Israel by Hamas.
    I personally still don't see why we need to go on an ammo buying spree over this.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I guess I don't watch the right guntubers.
    Who are the ones telling people to buy ammo like it's not going to be made again anytime soon?
    According to SGammo the ammo run started around the same day or shortly after the attack on Israel by Hamas.
    I personally still don't see why we need to go on an ammo buying spree over this.
    As far as ammo God Family and Guns has beat that drum for a long time. As has many others.

My point was there is a large amount of guntubers that have a Cult following and they get their fanboys worked up if a different crisis about every week.
    Most times these “sky is falling” crises fizzle out and if you look into the weeds they were generally exaggerated by the guntube.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    As far as ammo God Family and Guns has beat that drum for a long time. As has many others.

My point was there is a large amount of guntubers that have a Cult following and they get their fanboys worked up if a different crisis about every week.
    Most times these “sky is falling” crises fizzle out and if you look into the weeds they were generally exaggerated by the guntube.
    I've got plenty in storage and I don't jump on the buy bandwagon.
    I think a lot of new gun owners are probably susceptible to this. You and I as well as many others probably have a good amount stored up already.
    Even if a person buys just 100rds a month to store its better than panic buying.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    While I get the idea of a foreign owner sounds negative but folks should not always think worst case scenario. With import restrictions it makes sense if they either buy an existing company or build and expand their own here.

But on another note If you look deep into the weeds even American companies have foreign relations . To the point a large number of US company products are made overseas. One example Buick SUVs (and other vehicles) you buy here are made in China but nobody is talking about that.

Toyota trucks are 85% or more made here where Chevy and Ford are like 70%

We imported a lot of European ammo back in the day S&B, Fiocchi and others.
    That’s just it. For convenience and all about me thinking, the justification of giving our money to foreign corporations run rampant in such statements as these.

True or not, it all comes at a price. The dignity of trying harder to keep as much as we can here in the US is getting as rare as an honest politician.

We can’t do it all here but we should try harder.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    That’s just it. For convenience and all about me thinking, the justification of giving our money to foreign corporations run rampant in such statements as these.

True or not, it all comes at a price. The dignity of trying harder to keep as much as we can here in the US is getting as rare as an honest politician.

We can’t do it all here but we should try harder.
    Trapper the problem is it truly ey a Global economy and has been for a long long time.

While I’m not saying I believe it’s here yet and at the risk of sounding paranoid which this is just a down the road prediction. But I’m not burying stuff in my yard.

What concerns me more than where stuff is made is the fact as a global economy you (we) are seeing ideals of a global electronically tracked currency. And with that similar to what Canada did with the truckers you say something “they” don’t like or you don’t comply with the next round of immunization they shut you down!

Last edited:

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    For some reason, this sentence stood out to me in one of the articles.
    Czech-based CSG has seen its revenue and profits rise since Russia's invasion of Ukraine as demand for heavy military equipment and ammunition to ship to Ukraine soared.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Trapper the problem is it is Turkey a Global economy and has been for a long long time.

While I’m not saying I believe it’s here yet and at the risk of sounding paranoid which this is just a down the road prediction. But I’m not burying stuff in my yard.

What concerns me more than where stuff is made is the fact as a global economy you (we) are seeing ideals of a global electronically tracked currency. And with that similar to what Canada did with the truckers you say something “they” don’t like or you don’t comply with the next round of immunization they shut you down!
    I can see this. My knowledge on global economics is very limited.

To a fault sometimes I admit that I react more on optics or what should be rather on what’s real for the world.

This no doubt comes from having a Gr Father, Father, Father In Law and most everyone of my family working skilled trades in Union American jobs.

Perhaps I still hang on to those values and in reality try to see it as a paper doll world. My kids and Grand Kids are doing well but are educated to work in today’s environment. For this I am blessed.

Like you, I can say that power buys the control that may turn out to hurt the best country in the world.

See you on the range

Trapper

Top Bottom