• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    You could always have each shoot target completely surrounded by no-shoots, and steel with no-shoots behind. You could even use steel no-shoots behind steel shoots, so they would sound the same.

You shut up, I mean it, just shut the hell right up

no need to go and get all stupid about things. We already have one idiot talking about an all virginia count match, we don't need to go and add insult to injury here

zip it.........zip............just zip it...........zzzz...........zip it.....

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County

no need to go and get all stupid about things. We already have one idiot talking about an all virginia count match, we don't need to go and add insult to injury here

and then leave sh*tty.....

Take some real deep breaths and calm down, it won't be that bad:rolleyes:

mhs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 25, 2009

Maybe it could be all weak hand.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Me again. Another thought... IF you do an entire VC Match you had better get RO volunteers for this before the match. I think it will be a major headache to RO. Counting all the extra shots, extra hits... Hell I can only count to 5. Three if im holding the timer with that hand (dont even ask what I am doing with the other). It always takes longer to score those virginia count classifiers and standards.

So no thanks on ROing on of these.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Me again. Another thought... IF you do an entire VC Match you had better get RO volunteers for this before the match. I think it will be a major headache to RO. Counting all the extra shots, extra hits... Hell I can only count to 5. Three if im holding the timer with that hand (dont even ask what I am doing with the other). It always takes longer to score those virginia count classifiers and standards.

So no thanks on ROing on of these.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph.... Just say it is not your favorite idea.:D

How do you feel about 32 round courses of fire in a 33 foot wide bay?

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A VC-only match would be a nice contrast to the trend (my label) of 32 round field courses these days. I understand their popular appeal, but they are not (all) the shooting challenges they are held out to be. An all VC match might be a good way to highlight it.

And, as far as admin, how is a VC only match significantly different than a typical special classifier match? I submit they are not different.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    A VC-only match would be a nice contrast to the trend (my label) of 32 round field courses these days. I understand their popular appeal, but they are not (all) the shooting challenges they are held out to be. An all VC match might be a good way to highlight it.

And, as far as admin, how is a VC only match significantly different than a typical special classifier match? I submit they are not different.

I agree the admin would not be much different or different at all. Many classifiers are VC. I think a one string 24 round COF that is VC would be a fine challenge. But I still cannot find my rule book, but I think it is illegal. The goal is to shoot each course of without extra shots and so VC stages would help get that point across. The fastest way to shoot any course of fire is to shoot it with the min. number of required shots.

Most of the time an RO does not have to count all 17 shots on a VC stages. You just have count the shots on each target. Even someone born in Kentucky can do that.:)

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Jesus, Mary and Joseph.... Just say it is not your favorite idea.:D

How do you feel about 32 round courses of fire in a 33 foot wide bay?

Its not your favorite idea! Oh wait... I mean Its not MY favorite idea of YOURS! :D

I really should not post during work. Work suppresses my inner joy which affects my normal bubbly disposition.

I think a 32 round course in a 33 ft wide bay is a great idea!

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Its not your favorite idea! Oh wait... I mean Its not MY favorite idea of YOURS! :D

I really should not post during work. Work suppresses my inner joy which affects my normal bubbly disposition.

I think a 32 round course in a 33 ft wide bay is a great idea!

It was a joy to watch the fast folk shoot it
    sounded like controlled bursts from an automatic weapon :D

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I found the rule book tonight. VC match is not sounding like too much fun if done within the rulebook. Some field courses done VC would be good, but they just are not legal.

mhs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I found the rule book tonight. VC match is not sounding like too much fun if done within the rulebook. Some field courses done VC would be good, but they just are not legal.

Just use lots of no shoots. Then you can have steel too.

Top Bottom