• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROOTS54454

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2024
    Maybe. A lot if it is in presentation.

If you show up in hoodrat gear, pants sagging, and acting like an idiot, probably not. But if you come off as responsible, mature, and well behaved, they probably will allow it.
    Lmao I didn’t even see this I live in Borden,IN I’m like a Country Mexican I don’t think I’ll be wearing hood rat gear

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Oh heck you are down by Louisville. I was about to break down and offer to take you out to shoot a couple.

ROOTS54454

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2024
    Oh heck you are down by Louisville. I was about to break down and offer to take you out to shoot a couple.
    Yup yup not gonna lie I hate Louisville tho terrible drivers with terrible people who don’t know how to act. Common curtesy or manners isn’t a thing there it’s crazy

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I’d recommend doing some research on line for several brands like Canik, S&W, Glock, Sig Sauer, CZ, etc. and look at models, reviews on YouTube and magazines. Whittle down a list and go to a few indoor ranges and rent a few guns. Try them out. See what you like, don’t like and make an educated decision.
    Best of luck! :ingo:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I’d recommend doing some research on line for several brands like Canik, S&W, Glock, Sig Sauer, CZ, etc. and look at models, reviews on YouTube and magazines. Whittle down a list and go to a few indoor ranges and rent a few guns. Try them out. See what you like, don’t like and make an educated decision.
    Best of luck! :ingo:
    I could be wrong but I think the first handgun you get does not end up being the one you carry eventually. It’s a learning process.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I remember looking for my first carry gun, I held as many different brands and models as I could. I eventually went with a Springfield XDM compact. I have nothing against other brands, the Springfield just felt best in my hands. I recommend you do the same, don't worry about brand as long as it is a reputable company.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I'll echo the above and add, don't be pressured to find the "right" gun on your first range rental wall trip. Try out a few, then do it again in a few days. See if your "top pick" is still your top pick.

There are many great brands to choose from, it all boils down to personal preference.

Antique Medic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2024
    Seymour, IN
    Yeah but it all happens so fast and there has been times where people have put like 10 rounds into someone and they keep going
    I work part time in a gun shop. Current most popular handguns are Glock 19, Sig 365 series, Sig P320 series, and 1911s.
    Renting and shooting different handguns at a range can be helpful. Holding different handguns can help you judge what feels right in your hand.

Tradesylver

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2024
    Brown County
    I've settled on two the Springfield Armory 911 and the S&W model 37. Of the two I gravitate to the revolver most of the time. It just feels right.
    I got to thinking more about why, and I believe it has to do with peace of mind, when I pocket carry the 911 in the pocket holster I'm always checking it to make sure the safety is on. With the revolver I never worry about it an accidental discharge is the furthest thing from my mind when I'm carrying a revolver.

ROOTS54454

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2024
    I work part time in a gun shop. Current most popular handguns are Glock 19, Sig 365 series, Sig P320 series, and 1911s.
    Renting and shooting different handguns at a range can be helpful. Holding different handguns can help you judge what feels right in your hand.
    Does your shop rent to people under 21

Top Bottom