• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If you spent 10 minutes off Fantasy Island you'd find the world is a really dangerous place and sometimes you do what you have to do not what you want to do.

Time to feed your unicorn Tatoo.

Surely your not implying that nukes are a viable option? If so, you would be opening a "Pandora's box" of troubles.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No, I never said nukes. MOAB. Lots of MOABs.

I'd prefer that we simply pull out. The conflict may be able to be "won" from a military aspect, but it will never be won socially. Same with Iraq. There are some places that simple aren't ready. I have never been a fan of trying to force feed democracy to a nation where the concept is alien to their culture. It took us 230 years to get where we are with democracy, and we still haven't gotten it right (though it is still pretty dang good), how are we expecting somebody else to "get it" in less than a decade?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Surely your not implying that nukes are a viable option? If so, you would be opening a "Pandora's box" of troubles.

If I recall correctly you are an LEO, right?!
    How about if I told you, you are no longer allowed to have a weapon beyond a Taser and Mace...
    Same thing as Saying the Military cannot have Nukes as a Viable Option. Not saying they are. We have them maybe their might just be an application on occasion...
    I'd prefer that we simply pull out. The conflict may be able to be "won" from a military aspect, but it will never be won socially. Same with Iraq. There are some places that simple aren't ready.
    The Military Option IS the last option in Diplomacy. When You send Soldiers to abuse the Populace of a Foreign Power, it is because Your Diplomats suck...
    It is not the Job of Soldiers to solve Social Problems, that is what the Ambassadors and Diplomats are for after the Military kicks the **** out of a Country...
    I have never been a fan of trying to force feed democracy to a nation where the concept is alien to their culture. It took us 230 years to get where we are with democracy, and we still haven't gotten it right (though it is still pretty dang good), how are we expecting somebody else to "get it" in less than a decade?
    It took 230 years to create the Democracy?!
    There might be a reason for that. Maybe it is the fact that it is taking 230 years for the Politicians to tear apart a Republic and rebuild it as a Democracy... ;)

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Let's look into the root of the problem. Why are we even there? To provide our version of controlled stability to the region for the protection of oil interests and profit margins. Now let's look to the root of the oil "problem". Oil is allegedly the product of dinosaurs and plant matter. I don't buy this explanation. If this is true, then why is it so deep? Miles and miles beneath the earths surface in most cases, even below the bedrock....What were the dinosaurs and plants doing that far below ground? I fear we are all the victims of some elaborate hoax designed to manipulate the worlds economies and labor forces. We are all slaves on this prison known as earth and allow our selves to be pawns of our masters sinister game.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    If I recall correctly you are an LEO, right?!
    How about if I told you, you are no longer allowed to have a weapon beyond a Taser and Mace...

would he get to disobey an order an use a glock??? same for the military...

Same thing as Saying the Military cannot have Nukes as a Viable Option.

no,,, nukes are something completely different,,, COMPLETELY...nukes change everything...under the force continuum,,,if we use a nuke,,,they get to use a bigger nuke,,,and thats unthinkable

no nukes...

if we had a military division pinned down and under heavy fire,,,we would try to save the division with conventional weapons,,,but if it came to using a nuke or letting that division get totally killed,,,the us would NOT save the division with a nuke...

The Military Option IS the last option in Diplomacy.

thats not true... the military is used to increase corporate profits at taxpayer expense... the us uses its military as its first option... we wanted to be IN iraq and afghanistan,,,no diplomacy is going to give us bases where we dont have them,,,only invasion is...

we use diplomacy to cover for doing what we really want---using the military and taking resources...

When You send Soldiers to abuse the Populace of a Foreign Power, it is because Your Diplomats suck...

no,,,its because we wanted something from those countries... saddam could have been an average guy,,,but since he has lots of oil and doesnt like israel,,,we were going in,,,no matter what... war is about making companies rich,,,and telling kids during NFL games that making companies rich is patriotic.

general smedley butler explained all this in --- war is a racket

http://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.pdf

War Is a Racket - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is not the Job of Soldiers to solve Social Problems, that is what the Ambassadors and Diplomats are for after the Military kicks the **** out of a Country...

ambassadors and diplomats cant impose any way of living on a foreign country,,,any more than the military can...

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Oil is allegedly the product of dinosaurs and plant matter. I don't buy this explanation. If this is true, then why is it so deep? Miles and miles beneath the earths surface in most cases, even below the bedrock....What were the dinosaurs and plants doing that far below ground?

i swear,,,ive always wondered about that... we go to utah and hikers find dinosaurs right at the surface,,,that aint miles and miles below...

the dinosaurs were around only 65 million years ago... the earths crust didnt fold miles under in that short time...

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    As A Soldier in the Service of Our Country it is not my Decision were or who to fight. All I want is when You and Congress point me at the Target of your angst is the ability to Win.

did you ever stop to think that the people who sent you there have won just by having you there???

Take no tool from my box that I may use to defeat an Enemy of the Nation.

did you ever stop to think that theyre not really enemies of the nation???

It is like telling a Professional Boxer that he must fight an MMA Match but he can only slap box his opponent...

no,,,a fighter fights for himself,,,and knows his motives and outcome... a soldier is an asset in a spreadsheet,,,he doesnt know why hes there or what purpose is in store for him or why...

Congress made that Decision for the People 10 years ago...
    Many Americans thought it was a good decision at the time too...

they told us we needed to go,,,and we believed them,,,governments have always been able to lead people around... now that weve had time to think this over,,,we realize this was a scam and we need to get out of there...

This War is not sustainable in the way the People of the US and Congress demand we fight it. This War is very winnable. Take the Kids Gloves off the Military and let us do the Voodoo that we do that we do...

if you take the kid gloves off---as you call it---youll screw up their plans... the point is to be there,,,not to win and come home...

The Problem is the People at home who want us there to right the wrongs against "Them" are afraid to pay what the "Butcher's Bill" will be...

theres no honor in killing primitive people who only have an rpg here and there... and thats not what we want... we want resources and pipelines,,,and we only need to remove the people who get in the way of that...

I understand you are not against the Troops. It just comes out that way a lot of the time.

the troops need to figure out that telling them to come home is supporting the troops...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    did you ever stop to think that the people who sent you there have won just by having you there???
    The Elect People to the Hill that WILL bring Us Home…
    I think there is a quote that sums this up nicely “Mine is not to reason why,”. The Populace of this Country insisted that Their Critters on the Hill send the Military to smite these Peoples. The Critters Passed the Appropriate Deeds to Send the Military. The Military is there doing what was demanded of Us by the American People.

did you ever stop to think that theyre not really enemies of the nation???
    The American People demanded that these Are Enemies of the Nation.
    Congress Decreed that.
    The POTUS Called
    The Military went…

no,,,a fighter fights for himself,,,and knows his motives and outcome... a soldier is an asset in a spreadsheet,,,he doesnt know why hes there or what purpose is in store for him or why...
    I know why I am there. See the above answer…

they told us we needed to go,,,and we believed them,,,governments have always been able to lead people around... now that weve had time to think this over,,,we realize this was a scam and we need to get out of there...
    So what as a Citizen are you doing to stop this?!

theres no honor in killing primitive people who only have an rpg here and there... and thats not what we want... we want resources and pipelines,,,and we only need to remove the people who get in the way of that...
    What Resources?!
    LOL!!!

the troops need to figure out that telling them to come home is supporting the troops...
    The People Protesting the War will not make the War end any sooner…

You want to Support the Military then make sure the People Elect leaders that are Honorable and decent folks. Protesting the War and the Military is not the way to end this or any War.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    But how do you feel about what you're seeing here?

It's a good start, now that they have the little stuff down, they need to expand.

Yes, I'm being a wise-*ss, but we'll go on like the bleeding hearts we are until we end up like Europe and every other continent being overrun by this "religion of peace".

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN

I've got news for ya... there's very little honor in killing anyone. It seems apparent that you've never had to do it...... AND, trust me, a "primitive" doesn't need the latest and greatest to kill you. I know of over 58,000 examples of that. It's tough to define "who's in the way" when those that are "in the way" are trying to kill you.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    I think there is a quote that sums this up nicely “Mine is not to reason why,”.

mine is...

The Populace of this Country insisted that Their Critters on the Hill send the Military to smite these Peoples.

got it turned around,,,they told us we needed to go because a very few saudis living in afghanistan knocked down three heavily vacant skyscrapers with planes and jet fuel,,,

been ten years...caught osama??? caught all the people responsible for 911??? how much of what we do in afghanistan is trying to find osama??? in my book,,,thats the only thing we should be doing...

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    i swear,,,ive always wondered about that... we go to utah and hikers find dinosaurs right at the surface,,,that aint miles and miles below...

the dinosaurs were around only 65 million years ago... the earths crust didnt fold miles under in that short time...
    And then there's all the oil miles beneath the ocean floor. Presumably the ocean floor is already the lowest point, then the oil is miles below that.....

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Rambone makes a good point here. I think the GWOT is a sham, but mostly because it allows the conduct of war without declaration of war by congress.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-107publ40/html/PLAW-107publ40.htm

That the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons.

What would you call this? It sure looks like an authorization for the President to use the military to me. It's even called "Authorization for Use of Military Force". Sounds like a declaration of war to me.

Top Bottom