Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    [snip]

So the nature of Islam causes an excess of murders and attempted murders? It represents 25% of the population of earth, over three million in this country. Why aren't the rivers and oceans red with blood?

Have you perused the news from Yemen, Somalia, Syria, Libya recently? Are not those rivers deep or wide enough for you? How about Paris or London? I am fine with that 'peaceful' 25% staying right where they are

With respect to excess of murders and attempted murders, please enlighten me to the many Bible or Torah inspired murders being committed around the world. Surely your devotion to moral equivalence must include such anecdotal evidence? No? Perhaps thats why 'only' a few hundreds per year is still considered by some to be 'excess'

Maybe Islam is flawed at it's core. Maybe Mohammed was a pedophile, mass murdering, goat humper. But billions of people all over the world practice it in way that brings no harm to anyone. Millions here in this country love being an American as much as you and I do. To pronounce to ALL of them that you are here to "redesign" their religion is the most arrogant thing I've heard in quite a while.

Accipio onus

If they cannot live as an American accordfing to our constitution, then they will have to go. I don't know what mechanism/lever/legal fiction will be found, but I assure you one will be

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    ... [snip]

You are quite good at pointing out what you think we should not do. Perhaps you would care to enlighten us with what you think we should do, unless you just think it isn't/doesn't rise to the level of a problem. Perhap's you and your family don't walk down busy thoroughfares or dine out and so think you have no risk. Perhaps you live in small town Indiana and think such attacks will never come there.

Still waiting. If you think it's not enough of a problem to require a solution, say so. If you do think it's a problem, what is your proposed solution. Or just stay a back-bencher sniping at anyone who ventures an opinion. Your call

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    London attack: Images of fake explosive belts released - BBC News

Those things look like crap (not that I ever seen an actual explosive belt), if I found that on the ground I wouldn't think they are explosives.
    Just water bottles wrapped in duct tape ... which they are.

_96432811_londonbridgefakebelts.jpg

Not sure why they had those on.
    It didn't stop the police from shooting at them and it doesn't make them scarier when they're already stabing people to death.

They also tried to rent a larger truck, like the one used in the attack in Nice.

The photos were released a day after police revealed that the attackers had tried to hire a 7.5 tonne lorry to run people over on London Bridge during the 3 June attack.
    The men failed to provide payment details and the vehicle was not picked up, prompting them to use a smaller van from a DIY store instead.

That's a 7.5T truck.

1253796768jcaaxdevug.jpg

Not sure if any of them had the proper licence to rent it anyway.
    You need a CDL to drive those so I assume you need one to rent one.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    London attack: Images of fake explosive belts released - BBC News

Those things look like crap (not that I ever seen an actual explosive belt), if I found that on the ground I wouldn't think they are explosives.
    Just water bottles wrapped in duct tape ... which they are.

_96432811_londonbridgefakebelts.jpg

Not sure why they had those on.
    It didn't stop the police from shooting at them and it doesn't make them scarier when they're already stabing people to death.

They also tried to rent a larger truck, like the one used in the attack in Nice.

That's a 7.5T truck.

1253796768jcaaxdevug.jpg

Not sure if any of them had the proper licence to rent it anyway.
    they had those on to ensure the cops shot them

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND

I don't think you need a CDL in the UK as long as you are operating it for non-commercial purposes. It'd be the lowest class of LGV (the class range goes up to 7.5T) so I believe all one would need is a full car operator license.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't think you need a CDL in the UK as long as you are operating it for non-commercial purposes. It'd be the lowest class of LGV (the class range goes up to 7.5T) so I believe all one would need is a full car operator license.

Here you need a chauffeurs license I believe. But that might be commercial also.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Here you need a chauffeurs license I believe. But that might be commercial also.

CDL is required on anything 26,001 lbs and over, here in the states. If driving as a point/part of business, a chauffer's license is required on 16,000-24,000 lbs, or to transport passengers for-hire.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

It's about the weight of the vehicle, not the commercial purpose.

With a regular car licence (B licence) you can drive a car up to 3.5T, anything heavier you need a C1 licence (up to 7.5T), above that you need a C licence (for semi-trucks and such).

What you can drive on a standard UK car licence (and what you can't)

Driving-licence.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Sylvain, some of the accounts I have read have said the jihadi's payment was declined for the 7.5T truck, and they then rented the smaller vehicle. That makes it seem like it was a funding issue and not aproper licensing issue that is all that stood in the way of renting the larger vehicle. Have you heard or read anything that corroborates that? It occurs to me they might have been using a debit card in order to have a less traceable account and gotten caught by the high multiple of expected charges that are usually put on hold as part of a debit card vehicle rental, because of the disposable nature of the prepaid type

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Sylvain, some of the accounts I have read have said the jihadi's payment was declined for the 7.5T truck, and they then rented the smaller vehicle. That makes it seem like it was a funding issue and not aproper licensing issue that is all that stood in the way of renting the larger vehicle. Have you heard or read anything that corroborates that? It occurs to me they might have been using a debit card in order to have a less traceable account and gotten caught by the high multiple of expected charges that are usually put on hold as part of a debit card vehicle rental, because of the disposable nature of the prepaid type

I have heard the same thing, but it made me wonder if they could have rented a larger truck even if they had they money.
    And I don't think they could have (unless one of them had a C1 or C licence).
    I doubt one of those terrorists was an ex-truck driver.

That 7.5T truck reminded me of the one used in the Nice attack.

video-nice-videoSixteenByNine1050.jpg

After the attack journalists were saying that not everybody can rent such a large truck and that's why most attacks have been made with smaller vans or regular cars.

Of course terrorists don't follow the law so they don't always drive what they can legally drive.
    Like with the Berlin attack in 2016 where they used a semi-truck after killing the driver.

berlin-truck-attack.jpg

But if you want to rent trucks like that legally you can't do it on a B licence.

I read that for the London attack they loaded the van with bags of gravel to make it as heavier as possible.
    Not sure if it was reported anywhere else.

I believe this type of van is the largest vehicle you can drive on a B licence.

nintchdbpict000329014741.jpg

I wonder if those attacks will change the laws or company policies to rent trucks.
    Not that you can know what someone will do with the rented truck. :dunno:

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I've been away for a few days. I was really hoping that everyone sorta came together that there are moderate Muslims even though there is no moderate Islam. Then we'd move forward. Surely we all, being INGO smart, agree that we'll not find a solution until we agree that there is a problem. The trouble then becomes defining that problem. Of course, not every Muslim is a suicide bomber. Yes. yes. Nor is every mosque arranging the next attack. Some (nowhere near the 1.8 number) are even denouncing the terrorist behavior of ISIS. But, ISIS is using text from the holy book of Islam to justify their actions and the "moderates" are not using that same book to dissuade further atrocities. When they do they (moderates) don't refute the verses that ISIS uses as justification.

Maybe I've missed the boat. Are we still trying to sort out of islam or Christianity is best? Or have w e decided to put on our big boy pants and say ignorance is worse? Anybody got a version of the holy book of Muslims that is NOT violent? I'll show my cards.
    chapter 9 verse 5
    4:89
    2:191
    9:29
    47:4

I'll contend that it is not the silent majority that mattered with Hitler. It is not the silent majority that matter with Islam.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom