DBblfz7XoAI9bQd.jpg:large

This one's more efficient.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

I just heard a guy on TV said he had to throw chairs and bottles at the attackers as they tried to stab people.
    The news reported one police officer was stabed while they waited for "armed police" to respond.

So it could be true.
    But you can't really blame the unarmed cops who are told to stop armed terrorists while not being allowed any weapon (besides a baton and pepper spray).

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Maybe the shields are to block hurtful comments from Islamophobes.

You know.... logically it would seem that a person that had a phobia about religion would spread that around equally to the dozens of religions around the world.

I just can't seem to wrap my mind around why a single certain religion would be having all of the phobias directed against it almost exclusively.

**** is truly weird. Must be a shortcoming of western society and nothing to do with their behaviors.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I just heard a guy on TV said he had to throw chairs and bottles at the attackers as they tried to stab people.
    The news reported one police officer was stabed while they waited for "armed police" to respond.

So it could be true.
    But you can't really blame the unarmed cops who are told to stop armed terrorists while not being allowed any weapon (besides a baton and pepper spray).

Unarmed police officers is the insane part.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Unarmed police officers is the insane part.

Agreed.

Just the fact that they need to say "armed police" to call a cop with a gun.Most countries just say "police" and it implies they are armed.:dunno:

They are slowly changing their policy regarding armed police though.
    Just a few years ago their "armed police" had their guns locked in their car in a special safe and needed a direct order from their HQ to open the safe, load the gun and use it for self defense.
    Kinda like a nuclear launch aboard a submarine. :nuts:
    Now you see cops with loaded guns in holsters.

Most cops are still armed with only pepper spray though, but that's classified as a "firearm" so regular citizens can't even carry it. :n00b:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Hmm I guess worrying about "climate change" would be appropriate as your country is slaughtered.
    I am truly ashamed of being descended from Europeans.
    I wondered if it was 1327 would the response be the same?
    I wonder if anyone will stand up and say enough!

I guess the EU Army will help!

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    And Britons will continue wondering why this is happening.

I was discussing this with a couple of my officers tonight. My theory is that these kinds of attacks are so rare in the US because of the number of citizens that are either armed or have quick access to a firearm. If you notice, the majority of the "terror" attacks have occurred in California and New York (NYC) to be exact, two places that have very few citizens (other than the police) carrying firearms or having quick access to a firearm. I would like to think that if something similar to what happened in London were to happen in Indianapolis that there would be a more significant armed response from the citizenry because of our right to carry. I hope it never happens here, but if it does I hope that I am proven right.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I was also in London just a few weeks ago. The army was practicing marching down the streets in preparation for the Queen's birthday parade. It struck me as interesting that they did in fact have armed police to protect the army!

jdYjxyL.jpg

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I was also in London just a few weeks ago. The army was practicing marching down the streets in preparation for the Queen's birthday parade. It struck me as interesting that they did in fact have armed police to protect the army!

jdYjxyL.jpg

I am assuming that the marching troops do not carry live ammo for this practice exercise.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom