• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I’ve been following this on Reddit. Overwhelmingly there seems to be an opinion this is a good thing because as soon as everyone is vaccinated COVID will be gone and we can return to normal. They seem to think it’s only the unvaccinated causing this virus to mutate and continue to be a problem. Then they say “trust the science.”

Well, the science says this virus isn’t going away. The science says the vaccinated can harbor and pass this virus as easily as anyone else. The science says previous infection provides equal, or better immunity, than the vaccine. The science says the vaccine’s real value is preventing hospitalization and death.

With all that said, how can people support government overreach for something that won’t solve the problem? You’ll willingly give away freedom for no return on investment?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I’ve been following this on Reddit. Overwhelmingly there seems to be an opinion this is a good thing because as soon as everyone is vaccinated COVID will be gone and we can return to normal. They seem to think it’s only the unvaccinated causing this virus to mutate and continue to be a problem. Then they say “trust the science.”

Well, the science says this virus isn’t going away. The science says the vaccinated can harbor and pass this virus as easily as anyone else. The science says previous infection provides equal, or better immunity, than the vaccine. The science says the vaccine’s real value is preventing hospitalization and death.

With all that said, how can people support government overreach for something that won’t solve the problem? You’ll willingly give away freedom for no return on investment?

Because they've IGNORED the million steps it took to get here.
    We need to (fill in blank)
    done
    now we need to....
    done
    now we need to...
    done

repeat ad nauseam

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    seeing a lot of propaganda about how novavax doesn’t instruct the cells to make the protein but instead just injects the spike protein into you to make your immune system recognize it.

anyone kept up with this? I’ve been busy lately

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    isn’t he kinda admitting vaccines don’t work when he says **** like “we’re going to protect vaccinated workers from unvaccinated coworkers”.

So wtf did they get vaccinated for moron?
    Because even if you get sick, you won't be taking up hospital beds and keeping grandma from getting her hip replacement. Why do you hate old people??

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Because the people who believe if you give up your rights you get your freedoms back have never read a history book - or didn't learn anything if they did

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    seeing a lot of propaganda about how novavax doesn’t instruct the cells to make the protein but instead just injects the spike protein into you to make your immune system recognize it.

anyone kept up with this? I’ve been busy lately

The vaccine is now more or less irrelevant. We have a tyrannical government forcing normal people to undergo medical procedures or be unpersoned.

At this point, something is in all of these vaccines that I would be very concerned about. No way in hell would they force everyone to take a safe and effective vaccine.

Also, covid is NEVER going away. It is now an endemic disease that will be around just like the common cold, and no effort by mankind on earth can stop that. A significant portion of Europe has realized this and lifted their restrictions.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I tend to subscribe to the theory that they overhyped the viral danger so much that vaccination, not natural immunity, is the only way they can get out of the corner they painted themselves into and (they believe) avoid a trip to the electoral woodshed

If the vaccine is your savior, they can claim everything they did was necessary and worthwhile. If you just could have gotten it, recovered and gotten on with your life, not so much. And of course, if Jesus Christ is your savior, not the 'science'; you need to be destroyed all the more

The vaccine could be saline solution and not much would be different

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I was curious, so I checked the countries with the highest vaccination rates against their current positivity rate. Number 1 is UAE. They’re doing well at just 1%. Just about every country with a higher vaccination rate than the US is seeing a similar, or higher, positivity rate than the US, though. The idea that forcing vaccinations will make this virus go away is absolute fantasy.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    China Joe doing what China does. Imagine that.
    You sure about that?

q8NbfLv.png

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Natural reluctance of a percentage of the population to let others do the "beta testing". "You first"--only natural.

I have no problem paying people to take it, incentives over coercion, any day, every day.

The longer the vaccine is out, the more people will voluntarily take it.
    As long as they are not paid by my tax dollars, I would agree with you. Look for donated funds from those that support the effort if payments are a must.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom