• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    KWA, KSC, WE, and good old Tokyo Mauri are great companies. HFC, UHC, KJW, KWC are more affordable brands.

However, good luck getting Glocks and to a lesser extent H&K from a shop in the U.S. since they have a lawsuit pending against Airsplat and other U.S. Retailers.

Besides for Airsplat (which I have had good luck with but others haven't) these are the common U.S. Retailers:

evike.com (mixed personal results from these guys)
    airsoftatlanta.com
    kapowwe.com
    airsoftgi.com
    trintyairsoft.com
    airsoftextreme.com

No not harder on guns unless it is a Japanese gun that was designed to take the next lower level of gas. Anything that runs green gas is fine.
    The silicone oil isn't hard, just a few drops at the top of the bottle every 5 mags or so.

Thanks for the info!

Do you have any forums or sites that you follow for reliable info?
    IE- I did a Google search for "hop up adjustment." I came up with some, less than detailed, info on a couple sites and a YouTube vid. The vid gave the most info, but the guy in it called a mag a "clip" and whenever he gripped the gun his finger was inside the trigger guard.:dunno:

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    Thanks for the info!

Do you have any forums or sites that you follow for reliable info?
    IE- I did a Google search for "hop up adjustment." I came up with some, less than detailed, info on a couple sites and a YouTube vid. The vid gave the most info, but the guy in it called a mag a "clip" and whenever he gripped the gun his finger was inside the trigger guard.:dunno:

That is a little more problematic. Since many airsofters nowadays are "kiddies" (the young/immature adults that uninformed but young, mature and informed does happen) you get some major boards that are knowledgeable on airsoft but not on real procedures or issues. There are a lot of of parents out there that aren't gun people that buy kids these guns and they never get any training on them. Although, safety procedures like finger off the trigger and mags out in safe zones are strictly enforced at serious airsoft events (which most of those kiddies don't do well at, so then they continue doing unsafe and iirresponsible things in their backyards).

Granted we have the same thing on the firearms side with plenty people unsafe and uninformed but it is more prevalent in airsoft since it is more entry level for kiddies and even adults that have no real understanding of firearms. Honestly though, you can find many airsofters out there that are good on both sides or are only into airsoft and know their stuff (for instance I've seen airsofter's sig lines that say "IT'S A MAGAZINE NOT A CLIP!"). Of adults/ mature minors that I knew in airsoft many of them are into firearms as well (I can think of one member here that I won't "out") and a good number of current or former military. Really if you find a mature, safety focused group to play with, airsoft can be fun like paintball is but has more crossover to real firearms (hey IMO opinion it's better than sitting in front of a computer playing FPS games). I've yet to find an airsoft as an firearms training tool board.

arniesairsoft.co.uk is probably the most mature and informed board out there (or it was a couple years ago) but it is UK based with lots of U.S. members. The best U.S. boards are debatably airsoftretreat.com There is an Indiana airsoft board but I haven't followed it much since they switched websites and I got out of the playing of airsoft for the most part.

Youtube is ok for a lot of things when you find good member (nutnfancy comes to mind) but specifically in airsoft you get a lot of kiddies that are of the Youtube generation that aren't informed or mature and you get "OMG this gun is uberzkewls and will PWN noobs." I tend not to waste my time with airsoft on Youtube since this is 90% of the airsoft content and it takes too damn long to find something useful.

For hopup inside the clubhouse you probably don't really need any, but a little might increase accuracy. But sometimes a gun is more accurate without the hopup set because a worn hopup rubber bucking/off spec BB can put different amounts of spin on the BBs. In my garage I normally have zero hopup. You probably know now, but for everybody else, what hopup does is put backspin on the BB that causes it to produce lift which makes the BB fly further.

Last edited:

chizzle

Master
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for coming out!

Thanks to everybody for coming out tonight; we had a good time. I can't remember the last time I shot, while wearing short sleeves...

Hopefully we'll see some of you guys out at the next Bowling Pin Shooting match on this Saturday, February 27th at 1 pm!

chizzle

Master
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Closed for the Summer

We're not planning any of these practice sessions during the warmer months when USPSA and Steel Challenge matches will be going on. If there is a Marion County Fish and Game member that would like to keep these matches going during the Summer months, please PM me!

Is there going to be one of these sessions this month?

Top Bottom