• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I heard a report yesterday during Ryan Hall Y’all that the Taco Bell in Winchester was “leveled to the foundation” and that the adjacent Walmart also suffered damage. Anyone from around there? It also looks like the speedway would have been right in the path. Anyone have any more info from the Winchester area? I’ve checked correlation coefficient data and local storm reports, but the radar sites anren’t ideally located so the data is hard to interpret.
    I think @DeadeyeChrista'sdad is from Winchester. Haven't seen him post today. Hope he's okay.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I think @DeadeyeChrista'sdad is from Winchester. Haven't seen him post today. Hope he's okay.

Thank you. I'm fine. So far I haven't found any damage at my place, but I leave for work before 5. Down the road about a mile to the west, the sheriff couldn't go to work until someone (presumably) drove in through the field and got him. Snapped power pole in his front yard, and wires in the highway (32) stretching halfway to Farmland. Heaven only knows what Winchester looks like.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thank you. I'm fine. So far I haven't found any damage at my place, but I leave for work before 5. Down the road about a mile to the west, the sheriff couldn't go to work until someone (presumably) drove in through the field and got him. Snapped power pole in his front yard, and wires in the highway (32) stretching halfway to Farmland. Heaven only knows what Winchester looks like.
    Glad you're okay!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    View attachment 340412

I guess I can scratch "Photograph a Funnel Cloud" off my bucket list.
    The only one I ever saw in person was when I was a little kid, out in Oklahoma. I was 5 or less. I can still see them out, across that prairie—my dad was “storm chasing” before it was a thing. :)

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    The only one I ever saw in person was when I was a little kid, out in Oklahoma. I was 5 or less. I can still see them out, across that prairie—my dad was “storm chasing” before it was a thing. :)
    I spent part of a summer in Kingfisher OK. Never saw a tornado, but I did see an awesome dust devil.

Last edited:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    An old friend from dang near to W. Virginia posted this today. The first mailbox after the guardrail is mine. I SWEAR I didn't see that Friday morning.

Way down there on the right there's a white car. There USED to be a house there. My ex said the owners were in the basement, and watched the whole house lift up, explode, and blow away. Now THAT would be some pucker factor.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Thankfully this stuff moved west after an early start here. There were text book storms out in OK, NE, IA a few days ago. Here’s how April looked.

1714606367950.png

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I saw one up around Lafayette when I was a kid, I remember thinking that it looked exactly like the one on the Wizard of Oz, sky was the same color and everything.
    I remember the 74 outbreak and watching one go through Louisville, the sky was green! One of the weirdest things I’ve ever seen.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...There were text book storms out in OK, NE, IA a few days ago...
    There were also some very odd ones.

Near Loveland, OK there was a HUGE anticyclonic(spins the wrong way) tornado. This type of tornado is usually small, weakish. But this thing was a monster and spun around a weakening cyclonic tornado like a satellite.

It was moving east and then swung around and moved southwest and disappeared.

It was part of this monster storm. Thing looked like a hurricane over land...

GMdyLRJWAAAB01Q

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There were also some very odd ones.

Near Loveland, OK there was a HUGE anticyclonic(spins the wrong way) tornado. This type of tornado is usually small, weakish. But this thing was a monster and spun around a weakening cyclonic tornado like a satellite.

It was moving east and then swung around and moved southwest and disappeared.

It was part of this monster storm. Thing looked like a hurricane over land...

GMdyLRJWAAAB01Q
    I saw that. One account had radar specs showing that spin was something like 15,000 off the ground. Most are no where meat that, I guess.

Luckily (it was reported) that thing was over sparsely populated country.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I saw that. One account had radar specs showing that spin was something like 15,000 off the ground. Most are no where meat that, I guess.

Luckily (it was reported) that thing was over sparsely populated country.
    Following these storm chaser freaks and weather weenies who dissect radar on Twitter is a hell of a rabbit hole to go down.

Top Bottom