• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chizzle

Master
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Shooters,

We'll have our second ever AIRSOFT style USPSA practice on Wednesday, February 24th in the clubhouse at Marion County Fish and Game at 6:30 pm. We will be setting up some small practice stages with our new Drazy Airsoft Plate Rack, and our Airsoft USPSA targets. We'll be charging $5 for club members and $10 for non-members, with all money going towards the club or new targets.

This is our second ever AIRSOFT match in the clubhouse, so we'll be looking for suggestions on how to make it better. Our goal is to provide a fun, safe, and WARM environment to practice during the winter months. In order to promote safe gun handling, we'll be following the same exact rules we would follow at USPSA and Steel Challenge matches, so that we don't reinforce bad habits for our shooters.

Airsoft style USPSA / Steel Challenge DOES NOT ALLOW REAL GUNS IN THE CLUBHOUSE. Just like a real USPSA or Steel Challenge match, our practice session is conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all AIRSOFT guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your Airsoft gun at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas! Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

If you have any questions, please post here.

Sincerely,
    Chuck

"As to species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with a ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson 8 Papers of Thomas Jefferson 407 (J. Boyd ed., 1953)

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ok sounds like fun, but I don't own an airsoft pistol. Are there brands of airsoft pistols that are better than others? Do I want a gas, electric or spring powered gun?

chizzle

Master
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    Agrhhh! My schedule change is limiting my first FNS and now this!!! I've played "milsim" airsoft for awhile now but really have mostly only using airsoft for training for the last 2 years.

My home airsoft range:
    range1.jpg

Is there a rifle division yet?
    My MAK90 and its airsoft training twin:
    100_1270.jpg

Last edited:

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Burl,

At this point I am using strictly green gas. When I got the gun from Manny he said that he had tried the propane conversion and he didn't find it that much cheaper. I may change later on but for now - green gas.

See you Wednesday.

Doug

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    Trust me, over time propane becomes much cheaper. One camp bottle will get you about the same shoots as a bottle of Green Gas. Unless Green Gas has gotten a lot cheaper since I bought my adapter, once you go through about 4 bottles of propane it pays for the adapter.

Also Propane bottles are safer, Green Gas is still perfumed and oiled propane and has a history of exploding in hot cars:

attachment.php

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've only used green gas so far also. However, I did buy an adapter for propane. The biggest concern for me is availability. I can pick up propane at any number of locations, wherever I am, but green gas is not so readily available without ordering and turn around time.

Are there any downsides to using the propane adapters?
    Harder on guns?
    Difficult to keep proper amount of silicone oil in the mix?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I got this one first;Bell 1911 Gas Airsoft Gun - Bell EG728 1911 MEU Metal Airsoft Gun - AirSplat.com - AirSoft Gun Warehouse
    It broke, so I ordered this one;Colt 1911 MK IV Green Gas Full Metal Pistol. Airsoft guns - PyramydAir.com

I was packing up the broken one and discovered the "spare parts kit." What do you know, the broken part was in the spare parts kit. So now I have two, one single stack style, one hi cap style.

Anyone have a hi cap double mag holder they want to get rid of?
    http://www.airsplat.com/Itemdesc.asp?ic=GP-BEL-1911-728

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    KWA, KSC, WE, and good old Tokyo Mauri are great companies. HFC, UHC, KJW, KWC are more affordable brands.

However, good luck getting Glocks and to a lesser extent H&K from a shop in the U.S. since they have a lawsuit pending against Airsplat and other U.S. Retailers.

Besides for Airsplat (which I have had good luck with but others haven't) these are the common U.S. Retailers:

evike.com (mixed personal results from these guys)
    airsoftatlanta.com
    kapowwe.com
    airsoftgi.com
    trintyairsoft.com
    airsoftextreme.com

Are there any downsides to using the propane adapters?
    Harder on guns?
    Difficult to keep proper amount of silicone oil in the mix?
    No not harder on guns unless it is a Japanese gun that was designed to take the next lower level of gas. Anything that runs green gas is fine.
    The silicone oil isn't hard, just a few drops at the top of the bottle every 5 mags or so.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom