• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 76caprice

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2020
    Franktucky
    I have worked several nationals and when you pay the range fee for nationals how do you intend to get that back? Entries sure but I doubt it comes close enough for actual paying shooters. Yes it’s my personal time I set aside to help run these as well. I enjoy it. So why should all this nonsense keep me from keep doing it? We have been lucky to have guns actually donated for staff. Usually 2-4 guns for so many ro’s. So if you want to keep bashing USPSA try to actually help at an event.

BoltThrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Warsaw
    Well I can give it a shot explaining it but I'm sure you will not understand the answer. You have never been to a major match let alone worked one.

IDK how they do it in USPSA, But in IDPA they do walk prospective ROs through ambassadorship/PR, or at least the Indiana AC does.

Even without that training, common sense and a basic understanding of the human condition would indicate starting a post like that will garuntee that the person you are speaking to is going to disregard the rest of what you write, if they even read it, regardless of how much you believe you've sacrificed for your hobby. Not a very effective way to communicate.

Too many of the old timers have this kind of attitude, it really stymies the various shooting sports.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    that will garuntee that the person you are speaking to is going to disregard the rest of what you write, if they even read it,

My first thought when seeing this most recent squabbling was that somebody didn't bother to carefully read and attempt to understand what Bosshoss wrote or else they would not have found reason to take umbrage. I think you nailed it.

1706653365241.png

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Everything I have posted is fact. It is from .org itself. Leaked e-mails and texts. Nobody but you is challenging that.
    Hopefully the right people will quit or be removed and USPSA can be rebuilt to something good again.
    Nobody but me? I could post links to other sites that strongly disagree with with the stuff on Instagram and they also have proof and claim things as fact but sorry I don't play the post link game on political BS but you are welcome to go look for yourself. Sorry but it is far from just me.

I agree with your last statement and also hope that it can build back stronger.

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    Everything I have posted is fact. It is from .org itself. Leaked e-mails and texts. Nobody but you is challenging that.
    Hopefully the right people will quit or be removed and USPSA can be rebuilt to something good again.
    I think USPSA is rife with issues, but it's hard to have any respect for your opinion knowing that you are not and have not been a member or a participant for a considerable time. Feels like you're just looking for something to go on about.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I think USPSA is rife with issues, but it's hard to have any respect for your opinion knowing that you are not and have not been a member or a participant for a considerable time. Feels like you're just looking for something to go on about.
    I'm not posting opinions.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    IDK how they do it in USPSA, But in IDPA they do walk prospective ROs through ambassadorship/PR, or at least the Indiana AC does.

Even without that training, common sense and a basic understanding of the human condition would indicate starting a post like that will garuntee that the person you are speaking to is going to disregard the rest of what you write, if they even read it, regardless of how much you believe you've sacrificed for your hobby. Not a very effective way to communicate.

Too many of the old timers have this kind of attitude, it really stymies the various shooting sports.
    I shoot and enjoy all the shooting sports and the CO/CSO Training and Volunteers in IDPA come in second to The NROI program. In material and quality officiating in my opinion.

The fact that there was and still is subjective calls in IDPA often makes it open to variances.

Having said this, I still respect all of us hard working volunteers doing the best they can to safely run shooters on any range.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Not so much. Didn't we determine you haven't been an active member in like 6 years and that you barely shot when you were? And did you not then cry "doxing" and fetch a mod to remove your uspsa number?

You're a troll. Troll on.
    I haven't shot since Covid. I did not involve a Mod. I have interacted with Bosshoss on the range and honestly like the guy. We don't agree but I don't hold a grudge. I have a feeling if we ran across each other at the range we'd not have any problems either. I care about uspsa because of all the good people that are getting shafted.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Well I can give it a shot explaining it but I'm sure you will not understand the answer. You have never been to a major match let alone worked one.
    Staff is volunteer an they have to take time off work and miss family things to show up and some spend several days (up to a week) there setting up the match(actual labor). This can be in sweltering heat or a cold miserable rain. Then you get to stand out in the weather and RO and score and reset the stage for up to hundreds of shooters.
    You might get to DQ someone who could then take it personal and argue with you or you have to deal with the "that's a double" folks.
    You have to maintain the stage you are working and change targets and keep poppers adjusted.
    You have to try to find time to sneak in a bathroom break and then drink more water.

In exchange for doing this you get to share a motel room with someone else.
    You get a cool shirt or maybe 2 if it is a big enough match.
    You get lunch's provided while working and if it is a big enough match you get a appreciation dinner(I have never been to one of those).
    You usually get to shoot the match for free BUT you as staff usually don't get the same schedule and often have to shoot a two day match in one day. A common saying for RO's when asked how they shot the match is "I shot OK......for staff. Rarely does staff get a to shoot a match without adjusting and fixing stages getting them ready for the competitors.
    If it is a big enough match you might get a per diem to cover gas or airfair or maybe a couple of meals.
    Some matches have RO prize table or drawing. But unless you are lucky you can't count on coming out with anything.
    I have worked lots of level 2 matches and a few level 3 matches and I never even come close to feeling like I come out ahead when it was over.
    Now for the positive side of working major matches.
    I have got to meets some of the greatest people I have ever met and made so many new friends.
    I got to see and RO some of the worlds greatest shooters.
    I got to see shooters come together and help each other out whether it was fixing or borrowing broken equipment or offering support for the loss of a loved one.

This sport whether at the local level or national level relies on volunteers. We have plenty of shooters who just want to shoot.
    They are doing what is necessary to draw staff to work these matches. In fact I believe they have had trouble getting staff to run some of the major matches but the matches had a waiting list to get to shoot. Several shooters volunteered to work the match just so they could get a chance to shoot it.

As to why a non profit loses money. Their are many reasons and those reasons can only be voted out and replaced with hopefully better replacements. This is not a overnight fix and will take time.
    Again this can ONLY be fixed by MEMBERS VOTING and getting the best people on the board.
    I agree with your post …. In part, the only real issue anyone should have with this is non disclosure and I mean a big fat zero of the way the finances are spent is controlled or made public. That is the one and in my opinion the only thing right now ( well except disbanding pcc) that needs to change.

Last edited:

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Woo hoo, I need a gig with headquarters for real. Area 5 director?
    Vote for me if you want less pcc at pistol matches, and major scoring for limited optics and 140mm mags for production!
    I promise all division winners will win at least their entry fee and all match financials will be made public.

Then I'm not voting for you with the 140mm mag for production. LOL.

BoltThrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Warsaw
    My first thought when seeing this most recent squabbling was that somebody didn't bother to carefully read and attempt to understand what Bosshoss wrote or else they would not have found reason to take umbrage. I think you nailed it.

I read the whole self-aggrandizement post.

It's unfortunate that so many boomers revel in this sort of attitude, it ensures these sports will die with them. What's next? PCSL? Something else? I'll be around to find out.

BoltThrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Warsaw
    I shoot and enjoy all the shooting sports and the CO/CSO Training and Volunteers in IDPA come in second to The NROI program. In material and quality officiating in my opinion.

The fact that there was and still is subjective calls in IDPA often makes it open to variances.

Having said this, I still respect all of us hard working volunteers doing the best they can to safely run shooters on any range.

What does subjective rule sets have to do with knowing how to communicate politely and correctly? You entirely missed the point.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I read the whole self-aggrandizement post.

It's unfortunate that so many boomers revel in this sort of attitude, it ensures these sports will die with them. What's next? PCSL? Something else? I'll be around to find out.
    Odds are in your favor, but I have lost friends to cancer and car wrecks and etc well before their time, you never know. Regardless I think we will both be better off if I try out the ignore user function, have a good life.

Top Bottom