• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armymen3002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2024
    Kokomo
    You are always welcome. As with any sport. Rules are rules. If you can find a pick-up basketball game that doesn't call travel or double dribble let me know. I'd like to play.

The thigh holster rule is hardly a barrier. Just move it up to your belt.
    It’s not a thigh holster. I posted pictures here. It’s a standard “low drop” mount but has 50 different mounting holes. Not a drop leg.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    You'll have to update your website, it's showing meetings Thursday nights: http://www.wrpclub.org/warsaw-rifle-and-pistol-club-scheduled-events/

Either way I really can't do weekday nights of any variety.

If you do start holding matches and I hear about it, I'll be on board to help set up and any other assistance I can provide, but you're probably not going to catch me at a board meeting.
    2nd Thursday @ 7 is correct for monthly meeting. I thought you were referring to Wednesday night Pistol which needs also

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Income is down $300K and everybody gets a raise.

Woo hoo, I need a gig with headquarters for real. Area 5 director?
    Vote for me if you want less pcc at pistol matches, and major scoring for limited optics and 140mm mags for production!
    I promise all division winners will win at least their entry fee and all match financials will be made public.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Vote for me if you want less pcc at pistol matches, and major scoring for limited optics and 140mm mags for production!
    I promise all division winners will win at least their entry fee and all match financials will be made public.
    You're not helping............. :lmfao:

giphy (2).gif

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I’ll bet the only things that happen you’ll vote to raise membership fees and raises for the rest of the board ! lol

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Change Revo to 9-shot minor so we can pick up some sweet deals on 8-shot revolvers, and you got my vote :thumbsup:

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    According to some on here it is a all expense paid vacation :lmfao:
    I say go for it.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    According to some on here it is a all expense paid vacation :lmfao:
    I say go for it.
    Can anyone explain what these are and who actually benefits from them? Why does a non-profit continue to lose money every year?

RO clothing? RO per diem? RO gifts? Range staff support? Staff appreciation dinner? Nationals meals and entertainment?

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Can anyone explain what these are and who actually benefits from them? Why does a non-profit continue to lose money every year?

RO clothing? RO per diem? RO gifts? Range staff support? Staff appreciation dinner? Nationals meals and entertainment?

Well I can give it a shot explaining it but I'm sure you will not understand the answer. You have never been to a major match let alone worked one.
    Staff is volunteer an they have to take time off work and miss family things to show up and some spend several days (up to a week) there setting up the match(actual labor). This can be in sweltering heat or a cold miserable rain. Then you get to stand out in the weather and RO and score and reset the stage for up to hundreds of shooters.
    You might get to DQ someone who could then take it personal and argue with you or you have to deal with the "that's a double" folks.
    You have to maintain the stage you are working and change targets and keep poppers adjusted.
    You have to try to find time to sneak in a bathroom break and then drink more water.

In exchange for doing this you get to share a motel room with someone else.
    You get a cool shirt or maybe 2 if it is a big enough match.
    You get lunch's provided while working and if it is a big enough match you get a appreciation dinner(I have never been to one of those).
    You usually get to shoot the match for free BUT you as staff usually don't get the same schedule and often have to shoot a two day match in one day. A common saying for RO's when asked how they shot the match is "I shot OK......for staff. Rarely does staff get a to shoot a match without adjusting and fixing stages getting them ready for the competitors.
    If it is a big enough match you might get a per diem to cover gas or airfair or maybe a couple of meals.
    Some matches have RO prize table or drawing. But unless you are lucky you can't count on coming out with anything.
    I have worked lots of level 2 matches and a few level 3 matches and I never even come close to feeling like I come out ahead when it was over.
    Now for the positive side of working major matches.
    I have got to meets some of the greatest people I have ever met and made so many new friends.
    I got to see and RO some of the worlds greatest shooters.
    I got to see shooters come together and help each other out whether it was fixing or borrowing broken equipment or offering support for the loss of a loved one.

This sport whether at the local level or national level relies on volunteers. We have plenty of shooters who just want to shoot.
    They are doing what is necessary to draw staff to work these matches. In fact I believe they have had trouble getting staff to run some of the major matches but the matches had a waiting list to get to shoot. Several shooters volunteered to work the match just so they could get a chance to shoot it.

As to why a non profit loses money. Their are many reasons and those reasons can only be voted out and replaced with hopefully better replacements. This is not a overnight fix and will take time.
    Again this can ONLY be fixed by MEMBERS VOTING and getting the best people on the board.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Of course @Bosshoss you want to make it personal. So if you're ok with theft and deception then that is your right.
    As far as being volunteer the perks must outweigh the sacrifice or you wouldn't do it.
    People did vote good folks to the BOD and they were removed as soon as they rebelled against the good ole boys.
    Are you alright with a non-profit losing money every year while salaries and expenses keep going up?
    The facts are right here ( https://www.instagram.com/practical.shooting.insights/) but you won't look at them. Why is that?

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Of course @Bosshoss you want to make it personal. So if you're ok with theft and deception then that is your right.
    As far as being volunteer the perks must outweigh the sacrifice or you wouldn't do it.
    People did vote good folks to the BOD and they were removed as soon as they rebelled against the good ole boys.
    Are you alright with a non-profit losing money every year while salaries and expenses keep going up?
    The facts are right here ( https://www.instagram.com/practical.shooting.insights/) but you won't look at them. Why is that?
    You made it personal after repeatedly posting links to Instagram with ******** info that I see as just hearsay and see no proof.
    You keep saying it is all facts and I disagree. I do believe I'm allowed to have my opinion just as you are.
    Perks outweighing the sacrifice comment explains a lot. Some people do this because they love the sport something I guess you wouldn't understand.

No I'm not OK with USPSA losing money and I said before the best way to fix that is VOTE and get rid of the problems.
    I just don't care for those that their solution is bitch about it on the internet.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Everything I have posted is fact. It is from .org itself. Leaked e-mails and texts. Nobody but you is challenging that.
    Hopefully the right people will quit or be removed and USPSA can be rebuilt to something good again.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Well I can give it a shot explaining it but I'm sure you will not understand the answer. You have never been to a major match let alone worked one.
    Staff is volunteer an they have to take time off work and miss family things to show up and some spend several days (up to a week) there setting up the match(actual labor). This can be in sweltering heat or a cold miserable rain. Then you get to stand out in the weather and RO and score and reset the stage for up to hundreds of shooters.
    You might get to DQ someone who could then take it personal and argue with you or you have to deal with the "that's a double" folks.
    You have to maintain the stage you are working and change targets and keep poppers adjusted.
    You have to try to find time to sneak in a bathroom break and then drink more water.

In exchange for doing this you get to share a motel room with someone else.
    You get a cool shirt or maybe 2 if it is a big enough match.
    You get lunch's provided while working and if it is a big enough match you get a appreciation dinner(I have never been to one of those).
    You usually get to shoot the match for free BUT you as staff usually don't get the same schedule and often have to shoot a two day match in one day. A common saying for RO's when asked how they shot the match is "I shot OK......for staff. Rarely does staff get a to shoot a match without adjusting and fixing stages getting them ready for the competitors.
    If it is a big enough match you might get a per diem to cover gas or airfair or maybe a couple of meals.
    Some matches have RO prize table or drawing. But unless you are lucky you can't count on coming out with anything.
    I have worked lots of level 2 matches and a few level 3 matches and I never even come close to feeling like I come out ahead when it was over.
    Now for the positive side of working major matches.
    I have got to meets some of the greatest people I have ever met and made so many new friends.
    I got to see and RO some of the worlds greatest shooters.
    I got to see shooters come together and help each other out whether it was fixing or borrowing broken equipment or offering support for the loss of a loved one.

This sport whether at the local level or national level relies on volunteers. We have plenty of shooters who just want to shoot.
    They are doing what is necessary to draw staff to work these matches. In fact I believe they have had trouble getting staff to run some of the major matches but the matches had a waiting list to get to shoot. Several shooters volunteered to work the match just so they could get a chance to shoot it.

As to why a non profit loses money. Their are many reasons and those reasons can only be voted out and replaced with hopefully better replacements. This is not a overnight fix and will take time.
    Again this can ONLY be fixed by MEMBERS VOTING and getting the best people on the board.
    Don’t forget running staples through your hand, getting hernias from wrestling with steel, being muzzled, taking shrapnel on your cheeks, sacrificing your hearing, overhearing crybabies complaining about the swinger, shooters destroying parking areas, And in the early days, trying to get the last shooter through by using the headlights on our trucks.

Yet after all this, those of us that received the value of regulated organized shooting sports, would do it all over again.

No one wants to see a BOD killing baby seals and we hope we can improve the stance, but the value to the end user and true sportsman is still being delivered each day.

Top Bottom