• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    For a typical club match you contribute $1.50 to USPSA.
    I say this because there's not much difference between supporting USPSA or your local club.

Your bigger impact would be to not join USPSA which was never a requirement.

To my knowledge none of us are withholding fees. I speak for ACC and I know Wildcat already stated the same. USPSA is not without it's problems, but no plans to burn it down locally. I have stated that I believe it's mostly about the clubs and I would like to keep that alive.
    Don't have to worry, the people in charge at the national level are doing it.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.

BoltThrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Warsaw
    @BoltThrower - North Porter County runs USPSA matches the first weekend each month.

Bend of the River is looking for someone to run their USPSA matches. You might keep an eye on their site.

Thanks for the Tip. North porter is a bit of a haul, but I may do it to feed the addiction. BORCC is one of my normal IDPA matches, I shoot that alot

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Most local IDPA matches will allow you to register as "not for competition" and shoot something that doesn't cross all of the tees. I do it with an 8 shot revolver & USPSA belt rig when the mood strikes.
    But ask the match director before registering. I recall for a while at least, ACC wasnt allowing that (or paying for and shooting a 2nd gun/class) because they were selling out matches over 100%. They didnt want to bump somebody who wanted to actually compete.

BoltThrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Warsaw
    But ask the match director before registering. I recall for a while at least, ACC wasnt allowing that (or paying for and shooting a 2nd gun/class) because they were selling out matches over 100%. They didnt want to bump somebody who wanted to actually compete.
    They're pretty laissez faire at D2G about your choice of guns and classes. And there's always Tim's if you just want to shoot literally any gun.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They're pretty laissez faire at D2G about your choice of guns and classes. And there's always Tim's if you just want to shoot literally any gun.
    I meant specifically in a single gun match registering twice, and shooting each stage twice.

E.g. Shooting once in ESP and once in Revolver.

Armymen3002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2024
    Kokomo
    Most local IDPA matches will allow you to register as "not for competition" and shoot something that doesn't cross all of the tees. I do it with an 8 shot revolver & USPSA belt rig when the mood strikes.
    I have this same problem/issue..I would like to go to these matches and shoot for fun and test my skills..But I run a standard duty belt & Safariland style rig on a MHA with leg strap. It’s just my typical kit that I’ve built out and used when shooting and I keep getting people telling me it’s not allowed which makes zero sense. How can a Safariland ALS/SLS not be allowed when every cop in America uses them? lol Atlanta, IN is the closest to me..I showed up to a match to watch(not sure which one) and by 11am they still weren’t shooting so I left. Start time was 9, I got there at 8 lmao

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I have this same problem/issue..I would like to go to these matches and shoot for fun and test my skills..But I run a standard duty belt & Safariland style rig on a MHA with leg strap. It’s just my typical kit that I’ve built out and used when shooting and I keep getting people telling me it’s not allowed which makes zero sense. How can a Safariland ALS/SLS not be allowed when every cop in America uses them? lol Atlanta, IN is the closest to me..I showed up to a match to watch(not sure which one) and by 11am they still weren’t shooting so I left. Start time was 9, I got there at 8 lmao
    As stated above most IDPA matches at ACC are full and they o adhere to the three match rule. That is you may shoot as many as three matches "free" but then have to join IDPA.
    Love IDPA at ACC and shoot there most of the time, last couple years other things have gotten priority so not too much. In fact I would be a member there but it is right at 100 miles each way so just a bit too far. If they were as late starting as you say I guess it was weather related or they did not have enough set-up help. Jim.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Quit crying you babies you’ll ruin it for “everyone” at least that’s what some folks here think.

Let me know what you find. I shoot all

You can shoot my StreetWise Series with your rig. PM for details.

Armymen3002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2024
    Kokomo
    As stated above most IDPA matches at ACC are full and they o adhere to the three match rule. That is you may shoot as many as three matches "free" but then have to join IDPA.
    Love IDPA at ACC and shoot there most of the time, last couple years other things have gotten priority so not too much. In fact I would be a member there but it is right at 100 miles each way so just a bit too far. If they were as late starting as you say I guess it was weather related or they did not have enough set-up help. Jim.
    Everything was set up at 8, it just seemed very unorganized but I don’t know. I didn’t get to talk to anyone about my set up as the RO and the guy walking the stages were **** talking each other about how they should be set up lol

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    I believe in both uspsa and idpa you're holster needs to have the butt of the gun above the belt. Strap is fine in uspsa, but butt of gun above the belt.

Uspsa has exceptions for active leo or military and duty gear. IDPA likely does not.

Not sure what you showed up to, but it wasn't a USPSA or idpa. Neither run that loose on time.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I believe in both uspsa and idpa you're holster needs to have the butt of the gun above the belt. Strap is fine in uspsa, but butt of gun above the belt.

Uspsa has exceptions for active leo or military and duty gear. IDPA likely does not.

Not sure what you showed up to, but it wasn't a USPSA or idpa. Neither run that loose on time.
    IDPA does. Active LEO may compete with their duty gear (in uniform?).

They dont mind LEO doing LEO stuff. They do apparently have a problem with LARPers.

Top Bottom