• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Military Branches "At War" With Each Other - Exclusive on the Military Channel

There have been longstanding battles between the branches that make the current length of The War on Terror pale in comparision.

If you've ever taken part in the Army - Navy football game or been around a bunch of vets, you'll find pride and honor runs deeps and the discussions can get lively.

To celebrate the strengths of the Army, Airforce, Navy, Marines and U.S. Coast Guard, the Military Channel is turning the controls over to the viewers and allowing them to choose what programs they want to see in April. And whichever branch gets the most votes, wins the kickoff on April 1.

You can read the full article here, but what you really need is to vote in the poll here!

Most importantly, be sure to thank a vet. So, to all the vets who are sure to find this thread - THANK YOU! :patriot:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    My vote is in. The Marines and Navy will split their vote and I know we won't lose to the Air Force! :D

KingWeb50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    the Army or Navy would have to win since they are so many times bigger then everyone else

Last edited:

Juggernaut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2010
    Owosso Mi
    Did you ever wonder why THE U.S. MARINES don't have a football team like The Army, Navy and Air Force? A Battalion Commander stationed in Iraq told me the answer- "We are here to protect our Country, not a quarterback!" GOD BLESS THE USMC!!!

;)

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Did you ever wonder why THE U.S. MARINES don't have a football team like The Army, Navy and Air Force? A Battalion Commander stationed in Iraq told me the answer- "We are here to protect our Country, not a quarterback!" GOD BLESS THE USMC!!!

;)

You do know that the the NAVY and MARINE cadet's go to the same college (Annapolis) right? A god chunk of the player's are MARINE. You can tell by looking and their jersey's who is NAVY and who is MARINE.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya

;)

the coast guard doesnt have one either. :dunno:

Cheapdiesel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Little info: US ARMY (USA)JUNE 14, 1775. US NAVY (USN). OCTOBER 13, 1775. US MARINES (USMC). NOVEMBER 10, 1775. US COAST GUARD (USCG). AUGIST 4, 1790

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008

;)

If you watch the ARMY-navy game you will see that many on the navy team are Marines.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

;)

We all know the Marines fall under the Dept of Navy, officers from both train at Annapolis and ya'll got a big anchor stuff in your seal!

Cheapdiesel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Hmmm, seem's th ARMY is a few month's older then the NAVY.... June 1775 to Octomber 1775.

Edit: Seem's I was beat to the punch by cheapdiesel.
    I could remember my Navy boot camp history but I had no clue when the Army was commissioned until I looked it up

Top Bottom