• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well, in case anyone was concerned about the morality of attacking IS positions, Pope Francis thinks its ok.
    Pope Francis Endorses Use Of Force Against ISIS In Iraq - Business Insider
    Well, basically:
    On Iraq, Francis was asked if he approved of the unilateral U.S. airstrikes on militants of the Islamic State who have captured swaths of northern and western Iraq and northeastern Syria and have forced minority Christians and others to either convert to Islam or flee their homes.
    "In these cases, where there is an unjust aggression, I can only say that it is licit to stop the unjust aggressor," Francis said. "I underscore the verb 'stop.' I'm not saying 'bomb' or 'make war,' just 'stop.' And the means that can be used to stop them must be evaluated."
    But, he said, in history, such "excuses" to stop an unjust aggression have been used by world powers to justify a "war of conquest" in which an entire people have been taken over.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The US wants the Kurdish forces to take the dam back. Control of it is control of all the downriver land mass. That includes the us embassy green zone. If I remember correctly that dam holds back enough water to flood Baghdad 7 foot high.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Yep - Whoever controls the dam, controls the whole damn valley. :rockwoot:

Why are most posters here Negative Nancys?
    Oh that's right, it's the Political Section.....

Carry On Girls!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/27/w...zes-allies-to-widen-assault-on-isis.html?_r=0

Enlisting the Sunni neighbors of Syria is crucial, experts said, because airstrikes alone will not be enough to push back ISIS. The administration, Mr. Ford said, needs to pursue a sequential strategy that begins with gathering intelligence, followed by targeted airstrikes, more robust and better coordinated support for the moderate rebels, and finally, a political reconciliation process similar to that underway in Iraq.

Wait. You mean airstrikes might not win? I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Shirley, to send Americans into harm's way, we would have a strategy, right?

Right?

From the Beeb:
    BBC News - Obama's 'no strategy' gaffe reveals political truth
    "We don't have a strategy yet."

The line was part of the president's response to a question about whether he needs Congress's approval to "go into Syria". It seemed a frank admission that the administration is grappling with how to engage its military against rebel forces less than a year after it had all but decided to bomb the Syrian soldiers fighting them.

Top Bottom