• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hi-pointfan1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Gary, IN
    See, I just moved to Indiana from Chicago. Got a little bit more bang for my buck when it came to buying a house. I was born and raised in Illinois -

And MAN o MAN does it feel good to get my RIGHTS back again!!! I love Indiana!!

You guys might not know it but the simple freedom of deciding to buy $20 bucks of fireworks and set them off in my back yard just for the hell of it without it being ILLEGAL, feels like a taste of true freedom my friend.

The list is long of all the BS laws Illinois puts in place to make its tax-paying citizens feel untrustworthy and like criminals. I mean come on guys, heres another example: I had a shotgun for home defense when I lived in the west burbs out there. Decided to move to the city (Chicago)... knew of the BS law about no handguns so thought I was ok. Then when my door was found open one day when I came home from work (by wind somehow) I decided to have the LEO's clear the house first since I didnt know if there was a burglary in progress in my home. After everything checkout ok... no burglar, one of the officers asked for my FOID card and asked if I had registered the shotgun with the city?!?! I was like what do you mean ?!?!?! I had never heard of that. He told me I was lucky that I had a FOID card or else it would have been a Felony. Put handcuffs on me and told me they are going to confiscate the weapon and charge me with a misdemeanor for failure to register my firearm. HOW IS THAT FOR A KICK IN THE BALLS!!! Damn it, it still pisses me off just remembering! I could PUNCH my computer right about NOW!! ...
    small break here guys, excuse me.

hi-pointfan1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Gary, IN
    Ok im back guys .. sorry bout that had to go and get a glass of water from the anger. Ok so Im no lawyer or expert on laws obviously, but if my memory serves me right here are some other examples of freedoms and/or privledges

CCW or OC is not allowed in Illinois as far as I know.
    Cant buy a handgun if you live in or near Chicago. + 48hr wait.
    Shotguns have 24hr wait.
    Cant buy anything to do with firearms such as ammo parts etc without a FOID card.
    No Castle Doctrine - can not defend yourself anywhere outside your house like on your driveway if someone where breaking into your car. You can not shoot someone in the back even in a legitimate self defense situation.

etc. etc

what do you think?

hi-pointfan1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Gary, IN
    Ill take this opportunity to say... please hoosier's don't take your freedoms for granted. Elections are around the corner and we have to stay informed and get out and vote. Chicago is sticking its fat nose and looking into Indiana's gun laws with its beady little eyes. I know I sound like one of those NRA guys, which I have just become a member of, but know that we have to VOTE and fight for our rights. Or they'll strip em away. You can count me in as part of the team guys, know that Ill make my vote count ;)

O yeah and I went to my first gun show ever, lol. Had a blast bought a shotty of course for the home. Like a kid in a candy store, I was. :)))

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    dont go to a liquor store or someplace looking for liquor on a sunday... wont be able to buy it unless at a bar or soempalce like.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Hopefully the wrong minded Chicagoans don't move here, trying to make us adopt Chicago style laws and expecting expensive services driving up our taxes even higher. That is what happened in Colorado as the Kalifornians moved to Colorado. They brought their problems with them. You sound like a right thinking American, so we will let you stay.

Rescue912

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Lafayette
    First off, welcome to Indiana. Second, there is Chicago and then there is the rest of Illinois. I could deal with a FOID card but could never live in the windy city because of a couple of the reasons you just mentioned.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Hopefully the wrong minded Chicagoans don't move here, trying to make us adopt Chicago style laws and expecting expensive services driving up our taxes even higher. That is what happened in Colorado as the Kalifornians moved to Colorado. They brought their problems with them. You sound like a right thinking American, so we will let you stay.

That is exactly right. My dad is in Las Vegas. He tells me that people from California started moving there because of the low taxes and freedom. As more and more people moved there they started saying "Where is the public transportation? Where are the state programs? These schools look shabby, let's build new ones"

After a while, Las Vegas was as bad as California on most things and almost as bad on the others.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    That is exactly right. My dad is in Las Vegas. He tells me that people from California started moving there because of the low taxes and freedom. As more and more people moved there they started saying "Where is the public transportation? Where are the state programs? These schools look shabby, let's build new ones"

After a while, Las Vegas was as bad as California on most things and almost as bad on the others.

Yep, those people are like a zombie. They spread their disease everywhere they go.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    I love the shock and awe in the eyes of people that have escaped from these Iron Curtains. Here's a typical conversation:

Cust: "Where do I go to register my guns?"
    Me: "Nowhere."

Cust: :eek:
    Me: "There's no registration in Indiana. What you own is your business only."

Cust: "How long is the waiting period for guns?"
    Me: "What waiting period?"

Me: "If you can pass a background check you can take it home the same day."

Cust: "What about ammo?"
    Me: "Buy and shoot, then buy some more!"

Cust: "What about self defense?"
    Me: "We have the Castle Doctrine, shoot the scum in the back to save your life if you have to."

Cust: :runaway:
    Me: "Welcome to America!"

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Welcome. BTW you may be interested in these upcoming NWI INGO events.

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

UPCOMING EVENTS

The next MEET & SHOOT is for OCT (go & vote on the date!)
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...10047-nwi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_-_oct_date.html

Appleseed is coming to NWI on 23 OCT 2010
    2010 North Porter County, IN Appleseed Information

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

On finding a location for more Appleseeds:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_for_nwi_lake_porter_county.html#post1216426

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I love the shock and awe in the eyes of people that have escaped from these Iron Curtains. Here's a typical conversation:

Cust: "Where do I go to register my guns?"
    Me: "Nowhere."

Me: "There's no registration in Indiana. What you own is your business only."

Cust: "How long is the waiting period for guns?"
    Me: "What waiting period?"

Me: "If you can pass a background check you can take it home the same day."

Cust: "What about ammo?"
    Me: "Buy and shoot, then buy some more!"

Cust: "What about self defense?"
    Me: "We have the Castle Doctrine, shoot the scum in the back to save your life if you have to."

Cust: :runaway:
    Me: "Welcome to America!"

I thought we didn't have the Castle Doctrine? I was of the understanding that in Indiana you have the right to use lethal force ANYWHERE yourself or your property is threatened. Whereas the Castle Doctrine only applies to your home or places you spend a lot of time in such as work.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, gonna do some websearching myself.

Also, congrats to OP on moving to Indiana. It's awesome here.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    We have the Castle Doctrine, you can also "Stand your ground" as there is no duty to retreat. In essence (I may be taking this a bit far, but...) Your Castle is also where ever you happen to lawfully be.

I'm assuming you where joking DownBy, but just to make sure, you don't actually tell your customers they' can just shoot somebody in the back do you? You can defend yourself, but a fleeing perp is not a threat under "normal" circumstances, and a shot to the back usually means the person was either running or unaware. Home or not, you can't just murder people....even if they deserve it, but you can use as much force as NEEDed.

And to the OP, welcome to Indiana! Be advised, that there are some "Take Out" bars you can get bottle beer to go on Sundays, but as said before

Last edited:

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    We have the Castle Doctrine, you can also "Stand your ground" as there is no duty to retreat. In essence (I may be taking this a bit far, but...) Your Castle is also where ever you happen to lawfully be.
    Thanks for the clarification. Stand your ground was what I was thinking of, just lost in the semantics. And 'your castle is wherever you happen to be' is not taking it, too far. That's just right.

Top Bottom