Anderson
    "Other then having weapons I have no idea what his deal is."

futureofwar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Bunker Hill
    Since when is Survivalist a bad word look how the media slings it ARMED Survivalist oh no all an armed survivalist is by defintion of the words is a person who tries to survive and has a weapon. Stupid stupid stupid. Howa bout something like armed felon.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Since when is Survivalist a bad word look how the media slings it ARMED Survivalist oh no all an armed survivalist is by defintion of the words is a person who tries to survive and has a weapon. Stupid stupid stupid. Howa bout something like armed felon.

I agree, not a fan of the media definition of "survivalist". This guy being a convicted felon doesn't help either. He will undoubtably be using skills shared by some of us in the "prep world". For argumens sake what if this guy is completely innocent a case of mistaken identity or something. Is his plan to evade or engage?

futureofwar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Bunker Hill
    Hes a survivalist though, he definetly will engage, didn't you know hes a survivalist, wait I don't think you understand a survivalist.

So what right wasn't every last one of the pioneer settlers here survivalists too. I guess it a compliment now to be called a welfare recipient if this is how they are gonna label people.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    He fired on the police.

He was the leader of a militia planning on assasination of politcal leaders........

This man is not the same type of survivalist as we.

futureofwar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Bunker Hill
    Media doesn't see it that way, heck my wifes mom freaked when she explained the prepper thing and said we where in a cult and blah blah we were gonna shoot people blah blah that if people are starving we should just let them take all of our stocked food.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Media doesn't see it that way, heck my wifes mom freaked when she explained the prepper thing and said we where in a cult and blah blah we were gonna shoot people blah blah that if people are starving we should just let them take all of our stocked food.

:n00b: Maybe you should have asked her if you could just start bumming food from her place then if things go to hell. I'm sure she'd be happy to oblige...

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Its not worth getting into it here, but your wifes mom has a better grip on reality than you think.

My preps are capable of supporting more than just my own family.

The survival of a neighborhood is greater than the survival of a single family.

If prepping means 30 days of food and you will shoot your neighbor to defend it, your preps are inadequate.

And until the shtf comes, you can sell the excess to fund more preps.

Win/Win, and no dead neighbor on your lawn.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Its not worth getting into it here, but your wifes mom has a better grip on reality than you think.

If prepping means 30 days of food and you will shoot your neighbor to defend it, your preps are inadequate.

Maybe it was the mischaracterizations like saying they were in a cult who was going to shoot people. As far as sharing your food, I can see that if it's someone you trust.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Maybe it was the mischaracterizations like saying they were in a cult who was going to shoot people. As far as sharing your food, I can see that if it's someone you trust.

Trust is a prerequisite for any interaction. Shtf or no.
    :yesway:

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    Did he ever get tried and convicted of assassination attempts? Was it him? Or people in his group? If not, all he has ever been convicted of is ridiculous gun charges? Meh....

They gonna go all Ruby Ridge on his family now too?

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson

Problem is 95% of your neighbors will have inadequate preps also. I already know my preps are inadequate for anything past 90 days (work in progress). I have the only garden on the block (probably only 3-4 gardens total in an entire neighborhood of 200 houses). If it gets to the point I have to defend my preps from my neighbors I will just leave, hopefully.

This guy isn't a prepper in my book. Diagnosed with paranoia and his wiliness to engage the authorities, makes me think he has a personal political agenda. If he wanted to disappear I think that could have been done pretty easily.

Top Bottom