• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    don't just "scrap" the rest of the the bird if you go the whole bird route.

A) the dark meat is quite good

B) it's incredibly wasteful

C) if you shred it, there are a ton of things you can do with it; like saucing it with a BBQ sauce, making a pulled turkey nacho dish, etc etc
    Or make a big pot of turkey soup.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I need to find uncooked turkey breast to fix some turkey for a picky eater at Thanksgiving. Nobody in my house likes turkey, so I'm smoking a rack of ribs and a chicken for my extended family. Mom doesnt like smoked meats, and others have expressed concern that its not thanksgiving without turkey. So I figured I'd bake a bacon wrapped turkey breast for her.

But Ive tried both walmart and Meijer, and nothing but whole birds. Anyone seen any in the coolers? Preferrably sw side. But since it's mainly for mom I GUESS I could drive a bit. :):

And specifically, for my Mooresville area friends, any at Value Market back in the meat case? Really dont want to call and bug them because they are so busy helping folks.

As a fallback, I'll resort to a heat and eat.
    Use the breast from a whole turkey and throw the legs /wings on the smoker for later

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I need to find uncooked turkey breast to fix some turkey for a picky eater at Thanksgiving. Nobody in my house likes turkey, so I'm smoking a rack of ribs and a chicken for my extended family. Mom doesnt like smoked meats, and others have expressed concern that its not thanksgiving without turkey. So I figured I'd bake a bacon wrapped turkey breast for her.

But Ive tried both walmart and Meijer, and nothing but whole birds. Anyone seen any in the coolers? Preferrably sw side. But since it's mainly for mom I GUESS I could drive a bit. :):

And specifically, for my Mooresville area friends, any at Value Market back in the meat case? Really dont want to call and bug them because they are so busy helping folks.

As a fallback, I'll resort to a heat and eat.
    Does Indiana have Krogers? I saw two to a package bone in/skin on turkey thighs with rib meat (similar to quarter of a small turkey) there on Tuesday

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    don't just "scrap" the rest of the the bird if you go the whole bird route.

A) the dark meat is quite good

B) it's incredibly wasteful

C) if you shred it, there are a ton of things you can do with it; like saucing it with a BBQ sauce, making a pulled turkey nacho dish, etc etc
    Agreed.
    And if you call it chicken soup - no one will ever know.

But why waste good dark meat in a soup?
    That's pretty much true.

Because it's good in the soup? And straight on a plate, and on a couple slices of bread, and...

Top Bottom