• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • random_eyes

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2009
    No, I'm in Bloomington. I didn't open the door, went half way down stairs and leaned to see through window in front door and gestured for the guy to leave. My daughter told me the next day that he did ring the doorbell. In the future, if the dogs are barking like that, I still won't slow down for clothes. I'm half and half on whether to be armed in the future. I kind of regret not telling him there was a small amount of gas in a can in the back of my pickup truck: either call his bluff or help someone in need, but really all I wanted right then was to not have been awakened by a goofy looking stranger at that hour.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Curious... are you out in the country? standard 1/4 acre lot neighborhood? None of the above? Kinda wondering about the MO of these types... are they hitting the 1+ acre old school rural neighborhoods, or the newer and denser cookie cutter 'hoods?

random_eyes

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2009
    My house was built around 1960 and annexed into the city the day I moved in (a couple decades ago). Approximately 1 acre.

It's noteworthy that we had more lights on downstairs than usual. I like to mix things up to be unpredictable, but not sure I've ever had the front lit up so well. I was under the impression that lights discouraged mischief, but there probably comes a point where lighting becomes attractive, too.

I am planning to put in some cameras. I sort of don't want to know what's happening, though. Maybe obvious labelled cameras will help.

We get a handful of "magazine" solicitors. Recently a young man represented himself to be from neighborhood next door and playing for high school soccer team (how did he know that's the only door to door soliciting I will tolerate?). He had a tattered grimy laminated list of kid's books he was hawking. My wife called him out on it, said she'd send a check to his coach, at which point he became angry. The "prison" tattoos were a bit of a giveaway. (I sport a couple tattoos myself, but these seemed a bit rough and not appropriate for a high school student.)

Top Bottom