UAP clinic at 6th St & 8th Ave no weapons?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    Anyone know if the UAP clinic at 6th St & 8th Ave in Terre Haute has a specific, legal reason for a no weapons sign? I know there is a specific prison floor in the hospital (and don't think that one floor affects the whole hospital), but not aware of any legal reason for this particular building to be "no weapons." The building is 4 stories, located south of 8th Ave, and east of 6th St. I didn't ask while there, as I didn't want to raise suspicion.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Any Union Hospital building is a "weapon free zone" stated by them (my grandma's doctor is on 4th st and Union owned and they have the same sign), it is the same as private businesses going "gun free". My wife is a nurse at Union and occasionally is on the prison floor and can tell you they don't get visitors (as should be). There is no legal standing behind the signs IIRC, but if asked to leave, you must (or it is trespass).*

*Posted is not guaranteed to be accurate and I bear no legal responsibility for wrong information. I am sure others will be on here to confirm or correct what I said.

Top Bottom