• ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    When and where is the auction, and who knows what a DHOW without looking it up? I'm so tired of acronyms :wallbash:
    Doesn’t look like an acronym :dunno:

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    When and where is the auction, and who knows what a DHOW without looking it up? I'm so tired of acronyms :wallbash:
    Traditional boat used by these countries over here for centuries. Usually made of wood. Sometimes with sails, sometimes with motors, sometimes with both.

Attachments

• Dhow.jpg
      Dhow.jpg
      29.1 KB · Views: 12

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Doesn’t look like an acronym :dunno:

Sorry, when I see a few letters that don't make sense I always assume acronym after perusing no one seems to know the origin of the term

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Dhow is a really old term. I think the description goes back as far as medieval time or more.

That's a lot of cash lost by somebody, those guys running that boat are probably toast wherever they put into port.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Dhow is a really old term. I think the description goes back as far as medieval time or more.

That's a lot of cash lost by somebody, those guys running that boat are probably toast wherever they put into port.

And their families most likely.

We should give those weapons to the Kurds or maybe Taiwan. Will never happen though.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Can anyone explain to me where the US Navy's 5th Fleet gets the authority to stop a foreign ship in international waters and confiscate its cargo? Are we policing the whole ocean, or just this location? Furthermore, why did we stop this ship (intelligence?) and why do we care about its cargo? Are we working for us (USA), or someone else? I am serious with my questions.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Some warlord somewhere is having a very bad day.

Too bad they won't torch those SVD receivers and sell 'em here as barreled parts kits. Breaks my heart.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Can anyone explain to me where the US Navy's 5th Fleet gets the authority to stop a foreign ship in international waters and confiscate its cargo? Are we policing the whole ocean, or just this location? Furthermore, why did we stop this ship (intelligence?) and why do we care about its cargo? Are we working for us (USA), or someone else? I am serious with my questions.
    Not to discount your questions,
    can anyone tell me where the ATF gets the authority to regulate Bump Stocks as machine gun parts?
    I am serious with my question.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Article said it was stateless. I am not that familiar with international maritime law, but maybe there's something in there about stateless vessels.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I believe "stateless" means its not flying the flag of a particular country of registration in accordance with maritime law. Modern day equivalent to a pirate ship I guess. With no formal flag, it cant claim rights under that flag's country. So if you get stopped, you're on your own.

Top Bottom