• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    When I took basic firearm safety the Golden rules of gun safety, that you better be able to repeat in your sleep. In order of importance 1. Muzzle always pointed in a safe direction 2. Finger off trigger, outside trigger guard 3. Always open bolt/slide, cylinder and check the chamber.......Three simple rules that if one person had opened the bolt..........Found a P22 at Tipton with a round in the chamber............:@ya:....Prayers......Duce<><

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Here's a video from approx one minute after the AD

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbBzKpL4n44]YouTube - one minute after accidental discharge at Bloomington Gun Show[/ame]

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    ouch

I'll wait for some proof of sabotage b4 I go screaming after the anti's but I wouldn't put it past some of the loonies I've been in contact with over the years.:xmad:
    Kirks comments on the four rules are right on the money. I reminded a couple of guys at the Nashville gun show yesterday not to point weapons at folks.
    Prayers up for the men shot and their families.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I haven't found any update on the two victims. Has anyone heard how it is going for them?
    I wonder if they have the person who was handling the gun when it discharged?

7.62shooter2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Central Illinois
    I was at the show when the shooting occurred ... about 40 feet away near the entrance. The entrance is roughly straight across from where the above video was shot. It was very sobering. My first thought was somebody F... up. I had one guy crouched down darting by me for the door and I thought if someone is going postal we would have more shots. People went into action and it was very calm and well handled.

I had seen a co-worker earlier so I made my way over to the door where they cleared a path for the ambulance. He was not one of the injured. A lady next to me was worried because her husband was not answering his cell. Neither of the men were her husband either.

Here is what I pieced together though nothing I write is verified. Several people I talked to said that a private individual brought the mini-14 in for sale or trade and was carrying it around the show. The 2 vendors who had booths right behind where the gun discharge occurred told me the same thing. If it is true, you have the original owner, the person at the door checking firearms, and the vendor who traded for it who messed up. Or someone slipped a cartridge into the gun at some point after. I only saw 2 tie wraps ... they were on guns that individuals were carrying around the show.

I believe the guy in the video with the orange shirt was the 3rd person injured. I saw a man who looked like him talking with police about going to the hospital. I noticed he had a spot with blood on his cheek ... I believe it was from wood splinters. A person posted on the Bloomington Pantograph that they were the 3rd one injured and their father was one of the shooting victims. I am guessing that it was him.

The shooting sucked and it was totally preventable. I picked up the items I had earmarked and left. I wish a speedy and full recovery to the victims. I hope they get this sorted out.

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    I always wondered if going to a show was like going to the range at Don's.

All kidding aside, how very sad for the 2 innocent victims and their families. My prayers for a speedy recovery.

Last edited:

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Thanks for the insight 7.62
    Only saw 2 tie wraps. Sounds to me like an almost total lack of securing weapons. I bet when the next show comes around things will be different. I would hope so anyway.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    Every time I go to a gun show, this is in the back of my mind. To be honest, it's a little surprising that there are not more of these at gun shows.

Mini-rant, why do folks feel the need to film the aftermath? Someone is lying on the floor fighting for their life, and we need to grab video for youtube or facebook? You can see others (on the other side) doing the same thing. People just standing around watching and filming, I just don't get it.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Mini-rant, why do folks feel the need to film the aftermath? Someone is lying on the floor fighting for their life, and we need to grab video for youtube or facebook? You can see others (on the other side) doing the same thing. People just standing around watching and filming, I just don't get it.

...and posting it on YouTube...so it can get featured on Daily Kos and other Left Wing c'sucker sites before anybody even knows what went on...I agree, probably not the best idea.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    You are right---BUT--??

welcome to this new society. someone always with a camera or camera phone to stick up someone elses ass and take pictures. no respect for privacy anymore among private citizens, or the government.

I agree with you on this point-NO respect for others!!--BUT--as a positive light on the matter, some of these cameras/phones can be used to help answer some questions at times.
    It may be that someone has information to the cause/person involved to this criminal act so that something can be learned.??
    I can tell you for a fact that more DUI drivers have been caught by "Joe Citizen", with his cell phone, in the last 10 years or so, then has ever been caught by any "Road Block", or LEO.:alcoholic:
    NOT first hand account on my part-but close..:rolleyes:..Bill.

Top Bottom