Two Explosions during Boston Marathon?? what the heck?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now they are reporting that all cellphone service has been cut off in order to prevent remote detonation. Sounds like an IED to me.

BTW, this is why you should have a Ham license. Cell service can be cut off.

And NY Times is reporting that they do have a suspect who is a Saudi citizen.

But then we will not get a clear picture until the 11 PM news. And it might take a day or more to really get a good idea of what happened.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    What do you suppose an avid Obama follower is responsible? What's a better way to gain more power and control over it's people then fear and tragedy?

I pray for these people and their families...godspeed on recovery!

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Girl I work with was running, thankfully she had already crossed the line and was back in her hotel when this all took place.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    sadly there will be more the coming weeks, they will probe for other soft targets.....

Ever think of how easy it would be to target school buses? They have routes and schedules, thus easy targets. Just a roadside bomb like they used in Iraq.

Given what I have seen in the Middle East, Central Asia as well as Israel and Europe, buses are a huge target of opporunity. Especially when kids are involved.

Our open society leaves us wide open to attacks. That is the price of freedom.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Come on, it couldn't have been a Saudi, that's impossible. It has to have been a little old lady or maybe a little boy or possibly a teaparty member.

They need to keep looking for suspects until they come up with someone other than who it most likely was.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    Politics aside, this kind of stuff is why I stay as far away from big cities and events as I possibly can. There are just a lot of really evil people out there.

lucky3031

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Evansville
    Ever think of how easy it would be to target school buses? They have routes and schedules, thus easy targets. Just a roadside bomb like they used in Iraq.

Given what I have seen in the Middle East, Central Asia as well as Israel and Europe, buses are a huge target of opporunity. Especially when kids are involved.

Our open society leaves us wide open to attacks. That is the price of freedom.

My first reaction was, "I dont even want to think about this". However, The idea of the possibility cannot be ignored if you have children, and it is better to be prepared... How do you prepare for that though? The whole idea makes me sick... Ive half mind to move to a deserted island or at least somewhere no one else is...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My thoughts as well, perhaps a botched or cold feet suicide bombing, though? :dunno:

The timing to me suggest that it was a timer. People tend to cross in groups. Not all, but there is a tendency. The explosions missed a large group by a significant time. POSSIBILITY of timer.

Good to know that people now cannot communicate with their loved following a tragedy.
    While the POSSIBILITY is a timer, it's not for sure.
    Would you rather have MORE people killed/injured because an unfound command detination bomb went off.
    IEDs are often set in pairs. The second is far enough away to prevent a "sympethic" explosion. Yet close enough to kill/injure first responders.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    No, but its the easiest and most convenient way to contact a love one in a time where you would like them to know your ok ASAP.

So we should leave cell service up even though there may be cell activated bombs still out there?

My mom was in NYC when 911 happened. It was a few days before we heard from her.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    No, but its the easiest and most convenient way to contact a love one in a time where you would like them to know your ok ASAP.
    It's also convenient for a second, command detonated bomb.
    I'd rather my loved one is safer, not that I think he or she is safer because I can contact him/her.

Top Bottom