• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    Odd for the defense to seek a delay. Hopefully this one can stay out of the court of Public Opinion.

I think I remember reading something about them saying they received a large amount of documentation for discovery and they need time analyze it. Either way he'll have been locked up for something like 7 months by the time that hearing takes place.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Oh no.
    I'm so... remembering the time that we (on my sub) found a case that stated the minimum living space necessary for prisoners, and WE didn't meet them.

Though I guess we volunteered, and he (as pointed out) hasn't been convicted yet.
    Air Force Billeting/Club Fed story coming to the "last liar wins" thread soon.

Reactions: wcd

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think I remember reading something about them saying they received a large amount of documentation for discovery and they need time analyze it. Either way he'll have been locked up for something like 7 months by the time that hearing takes place.
    Sheesh, you'd think he was at the Capitol on January 6th or something.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    He hasn't had a hearing for that, and won't until June. There was originally going to be one sooner but apparently the defence asked to delay it.
    Correct. It was originally scheduled a month or two ago. Now its June.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    With a murder charge, the default is no bail. I.C. 35-33-8-2 states, “Murder is not bailable when the proof is evident or the presumption is strong. In all other cases, offenses are bailable.” This results in almost all people being charged with murder at least initially, being held without bond.

Because the presumption on murder is that it's not bailable, as a practical matter, the defense wants to gather evidence to challenge a finding that "proof is evident" or the "presumption is strong" and gathering the evidence takes time.

To be even more practical, there is a cost that would go with trying to get bail and then, of course, the cost of the bail itself. If there are limited resources, the emphasis may be on trial prep rather than bail.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans

Judge allowing Delphi murders suspect Richard Allen to be moved to new prison​

Saw that on a local news push. It appears the decision will be made, as to where, by the DOC. Anybody remember Tony Kiritsis? I worked on his cell block (construction of) I don’t think this is going to turn out the way the defense plans.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Saw that on a local news push. It appears the decision will be made, as to where, by the DOC. Anybody remember Tony Kiritsis? I worked on his cell block (construction of) I don’t think this is going to turn out the way the defense plans.
    True story... My dad knew Tony very well. Dad worked for the county health department (head of Environmental Sanitation) and Tony owned a trailer park and decided to not let trash trucks in to pick up garbage, so Dad got involved with that. When they were taking Tony to court after the whole hostage thing, Dad happened to be in the same elevator in the City County building and Tony reached up and tapped him on the shoulder and said hello.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I saw him in his old cell while we were building the new. He didn’t look happy. All because he refused the phyc. eval. From what I was told second hand.

That was at the Issac Ray ward at the Logansport State Hosp.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Compared to some of the conditions and perils some of us have lived through not really a whole lot to complain about.
    They weren’t letting him review defense materials, either.

I’m glad the judge is allowing him to be moved, if he did it let’s not give him an easy out on appeal, huh?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    They weren’t letting him review defense materials, either.

I’m glad the judge is allowing him to be moved, if he did it let’s not give him an easy out on appeal, huh?
    Can’t speak to other matters other than his quote living conditions.

In all actuality it most likely is safer for him to be segregated. Again trying to keep this out of the court of public opinion.

Reactions: Mij

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Can’t speak to other matters other than his quote living conditions.

In all actuality it most likely is safer for him to be segregated. Again trying to keep this out of the court of public opinion.
    Heck, with the state of social media today I think that is almost impossible. I do agree that it is best, not to try him in public opinion, but I also hear what is being said on all the media platforms. Him and everyone else that comes up in front of the wags on social media.

I Don’t think it is to hypocritical for me to say that, given this is my only social media connection. I don’t even click on links in this platform.

As stated previously I also think if he were placed in gen pop he would be killed. Seg is where he belongs for now. JMO

Top Bottom