• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I can see how it would become an issue with the possible explicit images.

Test the waters elsewhere before choosing a case like this.

Then again, freedom of speech and all that.
    The sketch artists will be on this one.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Well you know we wouldn't want Keegan to be uncomfortable in front of the cameras or anything. That might be cruel to have him on camera before his sentencing.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Well you know we wouldn't want Keegan to be uncomfortable in front of the cameras or anything. That might be cruel to have him on camera before his sentencing.
    I don't give a flying F about how he feels. I was just meaning that pics of the kids could show up and someone identify them. Could be by the outfit, the house surroundings or some other thing.

He is innocent until proven guilty but I thought he did a plea to admit to some of his misgivings?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana

'Incriminating' statements, trial date set during Richard Allen's Delphi murders case hearing​

I was reading of this on a different site. It was the first I'd heard of his "incriminating" statements. It's an interesting twist and goes well beyond the lone "magic bullet". His defense says he's made contradictory statements but that doesn't neccessarily mean the incriminating ones are false and the non-incriminating ones are true, so we'll see eventually.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was reading of this on a different site. It was the first I'd heard of his "incriminating" statements. It's an interesting twist and goes well beyond the lone "magic bullet". His defense says he's made contradictory statements but that doesn't neccessarily mean the incriminating ones are false and the non-incriminating ones are true, so we'll see eventually.
    Yeah, the prosecution was saying he confessed to the murders like 5 times while he's been in prison, but the defense says they were "generic confessions" whatever that means.

The judge didn't entertain the motion to suppress the ballistic information about the unfired round.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Yeah, the prosecution was saying he confessed to the murders like 5 times while he's been in prison, but the defense says they were "generic confessions" whatever that means.

The judge didn't entertain the motion to suppress the ballistic information about the unfired round.
    Yeah, prosecutors/police aren't above aggrandizing statements and such. But really, would any reasonable, truly innocent person ever give a statement that could be misconstrued as "I did it"?? I don't care how delirious or beaten down I was, if I were innocent there'd be no way my words could be interpreted as a confession. I might sound crazy, I might sound scared, whatever, but I would not sound guilty; nor do I think any reasonable (innocent) person would. I think this could be a real game changer that leads to a plea agreement.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    Yeah, prosecutors/police aren't above aggrandizing statements and such. But really, would any reasonable, truly innocent person ever give a statement that could be misconstrued as "I did it"?? I don't care how delirious or beaten down I was, if I were innocent there'd be no way my words could be interpreted as a confession. I might sound crazy, I might sound scared, whatever, but I would not sound guilty; nor do I think any reasonable (innocent) person would. I think this could be a real game changer that leads to a plea agreement.

But being unreasonable isn't a crime. No one should have to prove that they are a reasonable person to avoid conviction (unless that's part of the definition of the crime they're being accused of which isn't the case here).

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    A lot of people do.

Reactions: KLB

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You would be very wrong. A lot of people have confessed to crimes they didn't commit, both from physical torture and mental.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    No disrespect meant, but that's one of those situations that you might think you know, but you really might not know until you're in it. False confessions happen.

Edit: Scooped by KLB ;)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The defense is focusing on the forensics around the live round. (Question for our INGO Lawyer-types: ) If that gets thrown out, does the prosecution's case take a severe hit?

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    The defense is focusing on the forensics around the live round. (Question for our INGO Lawyer-types: ) If that gets thrown out, does the prosecution's case take a severe hit?

Definitely but I don't think it would necessarily kill it. There's a circumstantial case too which I thought was pretty compelling if the witnesses are to be believed. And now with these alleged confessions too, I think it's going to be tough for them to kill the case.

I don't know what was said or to who, but I thin,k it's pretty significant that the defence introduced these statements and blamed it on deteriorating mental health. [1]. Now the hosts of that podcast seem to think it was a good move by them to get out in front of it. But clearly if the statements were vague and ambiguous, then they could have taken the position that the statements weren't incriminating.

So basically even the defence agrees that the statements look bad, if they don't amount to an outright confession. Is that a gamble for them? Doesn't this mean that now they have to get them suppressed? If they fail then they're going to have to do a 180 and play down the significance of the statements in the trial, but everyone will remember that they started with the opposite position.

[1] https://art19.com/shows/murder-sheet

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    You would be very wrong. A lot of people have confessed to crimes they didn't commit, both from physical torture and mental.
    Sure. I'm not speaking of the loons that confess to crimes they didn't commit. And unless the Indiana authorities have been physically and mentally torturing this guy(??), that doesn't come into play. I'm speaking of sitting on my couch, door crashes in, police arrest me for murdering two children -that I factually did not murder- and I'm now sitting in jail, without torture. No, I would not make statements that could be misconstrued as a "confession". I'm might be crying, hysterical, in mental shock and screaming out of my ass, but a confession? No. Now, throw in some water boarding, tooth grinding, electro-shock and maybe I admit to killing JFK. I think these "incriminating" statements are a real game changer for this case. A normal 50yo man that did not kill two children is highly unlikely to "confess" to such, sans torture.

Top Bottom