• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I thought the cops sat on info too long that public could have been helpful with. It's understood that keeping closed mouth often traps locals that have committed evil by statements made that only those at the scene would know.

In this case though, it appears that the killer was not local. A mobile devil that isolated a couple of unsupervised youths to prey on.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Local reports "bumped" this murder today...

Four years now.

The talking heads with no skin in the matter spoke of justice and such.

If found, the charges against the piece of **** will be filed as crimes against state. state will deliver charges. state will preserve its position of authority with no skin in the matter.

The loss is born hardest by the girls that were murdered and then by parents of the girls.

When found, I pray the murderer will be turned over to the mercy of the girls' parents.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Yeah, it's been all over the local media up here. Had the sister of one of the girls on.

This has moved into the realm of one of those cases that won't be solved.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    They were talking about this on Hammer and Nigel last week. They said it is rumoured that the girl's phone has gruesome info on it, but could possibly help to solve the case.

Or maybe could have solved the case, had the info have been released in a timely fashion?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    As far as the question of releasing or not releasing information is concerned, I will sympathize with the police in a situation where making the best decisions is like playing three card Monte with the devil.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    They were talking about this on Hammer and Nigel last week. They said it is rumoured that the girl's phone has gruesome info on it, but could possibly help to solve the case.

Or maybe could have solved the case, had the info have been released in a timely fashion?
    I'm not sure releasing the info would have done much.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    As far as the question of releasing or not releasing information is concerned, I will sympathize with the police in a situation where making the best decisions is like playing three card Monte with the devil.

Tough decision,,, hold on to info that only the killer knows to convict the killer vs. release the info to maybe find the killer.
    Pretty hard decision to make, but if you never find him you definitely can't convict him.
    Easy for us to second guess.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Every piece of info that would have helped the public "see something, say something." Was delayed to the point where anyone who might have helped were not paying attention anymore.

Even info that would not have been only killer known was dragged and dragged out before being released to the news.

Precious days were lost (including the important next weekend) just waiting on the photo and artist rendering from it.

If you go back and read this thread from the beginning, watching the time-line, this is painfully obvious.

Last edited:

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    They knew their killer. I think many people will know this killer when they're apprehended.

Reward grows to $325K with recent $100K donation.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Please give a source web address so Google can't follow all of us, plus it usually shows a preview here instead of gobbledygook. My guess is there is a lot of information in that coding many perceive is just a link to a news story. Likely even identifiable to you personally...

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    What makes you say they knew him, and why wasn't this apparent from the recording?
    injb, I hope I am wrong.
    My thoughts on identity/profile, which I will keep to myself, go further than Supt. Carter's own words in his pressers but even he entertained the possibility that the killer was in the room the day the second composite sketch was revealed and the investigation was turned on its ear. The initial nationwide dragnet was either a bust or the authorities just aren't disclosing whether a similar manner of death has occurred before or even since. Such a revelation would indicate whether or not they think a serial killer is at work. For now, the only information we have to assist the investigation points to a local suspect. As for the recording, I think people just haven't matched the voice with the person their mind is comparing it to. I think the killer was at that presser and continues to walk free. If I'm wrong, great but we won't know until ISP makes an arrest.

$325K reward and no arrest after 4 years.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Please give a source web address so Google can't follow all of us, plus it usually shows a preview here instead of gobbledygook. My guess is there is a lot of information in that coding many perceive is just a link to a news story. Likely even identifiable to you personally...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Devils advocate: If he was known to them, why did they start recording him as he approached? Or are you thinking not in the good "their uncle did it" familiarity but instead "Holy crap, that's creepy Old Man Murray from up the street who is always ogling us from his front porch when we ride our bikes." ?

Top Bottom