• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    ROCHESTER, NY -- The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has now expanded its intrusive searching protocol to include the interior of parked cars left at the airport.

One woman in Rochester alerted News10NBC that she had been left a note from the TSA on her dashboard, notifying her that they had entered her car to look around. TSA agents had apparently opened up her locked car using the key she left with valet parking attendants.

TSA officials said that they conduct a 3-phase trespass in your private property. They inspect the trunk, engine, and scan the interior of the car.

[video=youtube;YllajrgDwbs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YllajrgDwbs[/video]

Evermoore

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Its probably in something they are signing when they drop off their cars. People are to rushed to take time to read anything. Still a BS thing to be doing though.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Its probably in something they are signing when they drop off their cars. People are to rushed to take time to read anything. Still a BS thing to be doing though.

Why not let the TSA search ALL vehicles? How about searching our homes before we leave for the airport? Searching ALL airport visitors even if they're not boarding a plane? TSA checkpoints for all vehicles passing within 1000 meters of an airport, bus or train station?

Does TSA have any jurisdiction by law over non-secured areas of airports? If so, needs to be reeled in. If not, these searches are unconstitutional whether noticed or not.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :sheep: ooohhh have you heard the latest on what is going on in the show called Big Brother? Who will be the next head of household? Or for you men are you ready for football yet? :dunno:

Nothing to see here, move it along.
    It's for our own safety that TSA is allowed to search the cars. There could be a pressure cooker in one of those cars you never know. :faint:

ps.
    My purple is broken

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Wonder what TSA would do if they found a firearm that the owner actually remembered to take out of their carry-on before entering the airport....

MPH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    <~NOT a 'Baker' unit
    Wonder what TSA would do if they found a firearm that the owner actually remembered to take out of their carry-on before entering the airport....

It's happened in Indy. An off-duty police officer was carrying her duty weapon in her purse and it showed up in the xray. The weapon was confiscated, photographed, and she was given a summons to appear in court.

As far as the topic of the thread..it sucks, but I'm sure there would be a TSA spokesman somehow justifying it. Whether it would withstand a court challenge might be another story.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

It's happened in Indy. An off-duty police officer was carrying her duty weapon in her purse and it showed up in the xray. The weapon was confiscated, photographed, and she was given a summons to appear in court.

As far as the topic of the thread..it sucks, but I'm sure there would be a TSA spokesman somehow justifying it. Whether it would withstand a court challenge might be another story.

MPH that is a whole other story/topic. TaunTaun is asking about a non-event.
    Say for example you have your EDC with you and get to the airport and while parking the car you remember that you have you EDC but need to catch your flight to London where you can't take your EDC. Simple enough you leave it in the car (glove box, car safe, under the seat, etc..) and get on your flight. All of this is completely legal.

Now TSA does the search of your car and find it. What then?
    My guess is depending on the TSA agent it can...

1) do nothing
    2) steal it
    3) confiscate it and turn over to airport security

It would be real easy to steal it. Since I'm sure there is no log of the agent doing the vehcile searches (after all based on the OP only a note is left from TSA). How hard is it to NOT leave a note and tell the valet not to say anything or outright deny that the agent ever asked the valet for the keys.
    One would blame the valet company first for loss of property before they taught it was TSA.

Just more 'nothing to see here' stories. :faint:

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    The TSA has authority over travel in the United States. Here's a quote from the LA Times "The Transportation Security Administration isn't just in airports anymore. TSA teams are increasingly conducting searches and screenings at train stations, subways, ferry terminals and other mass transit locations around the country". They take a little freedom away at a time.

TSA screenings aren't just for airports anymore - Los Angeles Times

Ron Paul Calls TSA ?Jack-Booted Thugs? in Response to Highway Checkpoints | Video | TheBlaze.com

TSA rail, subway spot-checks raise privacy issues - CNN.com

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The TSA has authority over travel in the United States. Here's a quote from the LA Times "The Transportation Security Administration isn't just in airports anymore. TSA teams are increasingly conducting searches and screenings at train stations, subways, ferry terminals and other mass transit locations around the country". They take a little freedom away at a time.

TSA screenings aren't just for airports anymore - Los Angeles Times

Ron Paul Calls TSA ?Jack-Booted Thugs? in Response to Highway Checkpoints | Video | TheBlaze.com

TSA rail, subway spot-checks raise privacy issues - CNN.com

I have seen them at the commutter train stations for METRA and South Shore in downtown Chicago as well as the Indiana train stations.
    At times one agent in a polo shirt, at other times agents in full swat gear with a dog.

I understand its not fun to get inspected and when your not around but what do you have to hide?

Did you forget your purple?
    What do I have to hide hum lets see...
    - my messy car with a 2 month old McD bag in the back seat
    - my rusty old battery jumper kit that is missing a plastic guard on it in the trunk
    - my ....

RedSox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Camby
    I understand its not fun to get inspected and when your not around but what do you have to hide?

It's not what you to hide, but the idea of an illegal search.
    The owner probably waived any objection when she left the vehicle.
    Imagine you parked in the lot where MSA stood and when you came back, it had been searched.
    Without any probable cause. You would not be happy.

Unless of course you meant that to be in purple.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

tljncfom.jpeg

Evermoore

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Why not let the TSA search ALL vehicles? How about searching our homes before we leave for the airport? Searching ALL airport visitors even if they're not boarding a plane? TSA checkpoints for all vehicles passing within 1000 meters of an airport, bus or train station?

Does TSA have any jurisdiction by law over non-secured areas of airports? If so, needs to be reeled in. If not, these searches are unconstitutional whether noticed or not.

Good job.. Give them more ideas :):

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    People who have done nothing wrong and have "nothing to hide" have, in general, more to lose by warrantless and unwarrented searches than do criminals.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    The intrusive arms of the current government never stop reaching further, their thirst for control seems insatiable. People do have a choice. I just don't fly anymore except for an extreme emergency like someone in the family in a life and death situation. Otherwise, I drive and may consider a train or a bus. But not flying. I would like to see the TSA abolished, but that's not likely. In the words of President Ronald Reagan, "No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!"

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    How do they get into these locked cars? The people that work for the TSA are not very bright and breaking into vehicles has a chance of causing damage to certain ones even by a professional locksmith

Top Bottom