• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well, I guess it's better than the bro country crap.

Anyone watch season 2 of "Tales From the Tour Bus"? Those outlaw country guys lived up to their moniker.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I remember when Aldean did this. Screw him. Country music is loaded with grifters, people like me are their business model. They pretend to be Christian, consservative, 2A supporting, whatever to generate their revenue. Screw country music.

“Months after the October 2017 mass shooting in Las Vegas, Aldean told the Associated Press that guns were “too easy to get.”

“It’s too easy to get guns, first and foremost,” he said. “When you can walk in somewhere and you can get one in five minutes, do a background check that takes five minutes, like, how in-depth is that background check?”

He added in the interview that he had avoided speaking about gun control in the past, calling it a “no-win situation.””

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Ugh. Went down the twitter rabbit hole and saw that Shannon Watts had replied. I tried to reply to her post, but it stopped me I guess? There was a little red circle with a number in it. I'm not a tweeter so I don't know what that meant.
    I seldomly read the replies unless the OP is interacting.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I don’t know anything about Jason aldine, I’ve always figured he was just another cookie cutter “modern” country guy, and he probably is, but it’s good to see an entertainer have balls enough to release a song like that in the environment we’re in now.

I’ll stick with the real guys, like Hank Jr. When Hank sings about something, you know damn good and well he’s either done it, or wouldn’t hesitate to do it.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Al sucks.:lmfao:

I didn't know he was against the five minute background check. Now he wants to be one of the cool kids.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Having been raised rural and living in the GSF, I've always been amused at the antifa types spouting off in Bloomington about punching perceived fascists. Their descriptions of the object of hysteria revolve around symbols, many of which you find in local watering holes in small towns south of Bloomington so color me surprised that they have never made the short hop down highway 37 to teach those non believers a thing or two.;)

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    CMT just told Bud Light, hold our beer. :laugh:

But realistically, this won't hurt them. CMT is just another channel in a basic cable bundle. Short of cutting the cord, there's no dropping them.

Wouldn't dropping viewer numbers hurt them with advertisers?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Wouldn't dropping viewer numbers hurt them with advertisers?
    That is not the primary money source, cable carriage fees are. Then CMT is not a stand alone network, it is under MTV, which is under Paramount, which is Viacom that also owns CBS. So it is just a chess piece in a big bundle for carriage fees as well as advertising.

In all these years of reading about and observing TV ratings for the news channels, I have never once seen the article that CNN and PMSNBC were fretting their ratings and doing a damn thing to boost ratings. Never seemed to be a priority at all.

Top Bottom