• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Funny reading this thread from the beginning to right now. Lots willing to throw in the towel early. :rofl:

I would not say "thow in the towel". There hasn't been a clear winner all night long. Trump has held a lead most of the evening, but it's been by a small and some what slim margin.

At this point I can't say Trump is clearly the winner.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    It's 2:26AM, Trump currently has had 254 to the Hildabeast's 218 electoral votes, Trump holds a several thousand vote margin in both MI and PA with 95% of votes tallied there, and it's hilarious that the big cable news channels are actually still trying to operate under the pretense that Trump will somehow snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
    What a farce!
    All I have to say to the biased media and the Never-Trumpers, is CHOKE ON IT.

EDIT: I just watched the ever classy Rachel MadCow, clearly butthurt to no end, splutter about "the spectacle of a president endorsed by the KKK."
    Gotta love that MSDNC.
    Oh, and Trump was just declared the winner across all the cables, so the pretense is at last at an end.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well, I'll just repost this here before it's buried in the general election thread.

I wonder if the Dems are rethinking that whole Bernie thing. No, let's go with someone with a ton of political baggage, the personality of a stump, and the legacy of Bill. I still find it fascinating both parties chose who they did, in a sick fascinating sort of way.

Assuming Trump is the winner, which seems like the most likely outcome, I'll give him a solid chance. I honestly hope he makes a great POTUS, the country deserves one. Time to watch and see how Candidate Trump matures into President Trump.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    It's 2:26AM, Trump currently has had 254 to the Hildabeast's 218 electoral votes, Trump holds a several thousand vote margin in both MI and PA with 95% of votes tallied there, and it's hilarious that the big cable news channels are actually still trying to operate under the pretense that Trump will somehow snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
    What a farce!
    All I have to say to the biased media and the Never-Trumpers, is CHOKE ON IT.

Yep, me thinks the never Trumpers just did not get the steam built up behind them to make a change.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    This may sound like a bit of exaggeration, but it almost feels as if we have a chance to avert a great calamity and injustice, so I'll just put up a quote from a true giant of a man, referring to what action the United States would take in the wake of Pearl Harbor, from a man whose own mother was herself an American:

"Silly people, and there were many, not only in enemy countries, might discount the force of the United States.
    Some said they were soft, others that they would never be united.
    They would fool around at a distance.
    They would never come to grips.
    They would never stand bloodletting.
    Their democracy and system of recurrent elections would paralyse their war effort.
    They would be just a vague blur on the horizon to friend or foe.
    Now we should see the weakness of this numerous but remote, wealthy, and talkative people.
    But I had studied the American Civil War, fought out to the last desperate inch.
    American blood flowed in my veins.
    I thought of a remark which Edward Grey had made to me more than thirty years before—that the United States is like 'a gigantic boiler.'
    Once the fire is lighted under it there is no limit to the power it can generate.
    Being saturated and satiated with emotion and sensation, I went to bed and slept the sleep of the saved and thankful."
    -Sir Winston Churchill

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    This may sound like a bit of exaggeration, but it almost feels as if we have a chance to avert a great calamity and injustice, so I'll just put up a quote from a true giant of a man, a man whose own mother was herself an American:

"Silly people, and there were many, not only in enemy countries, might discount the force of the United States.
    Some said they were soft, others that they would never be united.
    They would fool around at a distance.
    They would never come to grips.
    They would never stand bloodletting.
    Their democracy and system of recurrent elections would paralyse their war effort.
    They would be just a vague blur on the horizon to friend or foe.
    Now we should see the weakness of this numerous but remote, wealthy, and talkative people.
    But I had studied the American Civil War, fought out to the last desperate inch.
    American blood flowed in my veins.
    I thought of a remark which Edward Grey had made to me more than thirty years before—that the United States is like 'a gigantic boiler.'
    Once the fire is lighted under it there is no limit to the power it can generate.
    Being saturated and satiated with emotion and sensation, I went to bed and slept the sleep of the saved and thankful."
    -Sir Winston Churchill

Awesome quote! thanks OP for posting that. Let's hope we can do away with a lot of this decisiveness. Both party's start working together.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    This sums it up.

Anything on top of this is gravy.

screen-shot-2016-11-09-at-12-54-24-am.png

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    NBC Live is having a real temper tantrum! Calling Trump a racist president, minorities will suffer and he owes Obama a big apology. One anchor said that America didn't get it right this time.

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    NBC Live is having a real temper tantrum! Calling Trump a racist president, minorities will suffer and he owes Obama a big apology. One anchor said that America didn't get it right this time.

They were referencing holocaust trains earlier in regards to how he's going to deport Mexicans, seemed a little over the top.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Excellent speech by Trump. It was a clean sweep with Republicans getting all 3. 4 years of 'Making America Great Again'. First time since I've been voting that I felt my vote actually counted.

Top Bottom